Rose Cardigan Crocheted

Took me a long time to finish this, but here’s my rose cardigan! I’ve made multiple cardigans before but I still always have trouble with the sleeves, I keep making them too long lol.

26 Likes

It’s beautiful!!! Did you follow a pattern or make one yourself :smile::rose:

8 Likes

I just made it myself! For the rose granny squares I watched a YouTube video tho! I forget the channel but if I find I can link it! Thank you btw​:heart: Merci​:heart:

8 Likes

It’s beautiful! I’m sure you’ll look great in it!

I still have to tackle my first cardigan yet :grimacing: ive got the pattern, which everyone I’ve talked to in my FB crochet group said was easy, and the yarn. Now i just have to find the time after a few other projects that are presents for family and such. :confounded::persevere::face_with_diagonal_mouth::woozy_face:

But back to topic…I love your cardigan so much! Roses are some of my favorite flowers​:rose: :heart:

8 Likes

Tysm!:heart: when I first tried it on I didn’t like it on me but after like a week I just put it on and I’m in love w it aha. I feel that about finding time bc I’m in the same boat, I have so many projects I wanna do but no time w work and the Christmas gifts I’m making for my family lol. Keep me updated tho on your first cardigan IK you’ll do great​:blush:

9 Likes

thats so cool! i have a similar problem with sleeves, no matter what i do theyre always 4inches too long :grinning::joy::sob:

8 Likes

Thank you! And yeah it sucks aha but what I was thinking of doing for my next cardigan is either doing half or at least 3/4 of length that I normally have done in the past. I kept looking at @autumnolivecrochet cardigans and noticed she didn’t make the length of the sleeves that long bc the shoulder adds to the length

8 Likes

So beautiful :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

thats what i was thinking too because uaually the shoulders come down onto the arm a bit so maybe we should try taking off a few inches?

8 Likes

Yeah exactly! Makes a lot more sense

8 Likes

Nice! And welcome to Ribblr!

6 Likes

Thank you!!

5 Likes

That’s beautiful! Congrats :partying_face::star_struck:

4 Likes

That is gorgeous! :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you aha:) I gifted it to my friend for Christmas!

3 Likes

what you are making is “drop shoulder” construction. Very simple to do because it is just a square with holes for the sleeves and there is no actual arm hole (arm scythe) shaping. This means that the shoulder seam of the sweater will always drop off your shoulder. ( verses a set-in sleeve that is fitted around the arm and shoulder) In order to not have the extra bagginess in the sleeves, you have to measure from the shoulder seam, not your shoulder

3 Likes