Row counters!

Hi guys, im new to ribblr so not sure if this has been asked yet. When using stitch or row counters, do you count the row you’ve just finished or the row you’ve just started?
Eg. if you start row 1, do you click to row 1 when you start it or when youve finished it?
Hope this makes sense!

8 Likes

I count it just as I finished it so that the open number tells me what I am working on or yet to be finished.
That answer your question?

4 Likes

Ah, so click it to 3 once you’ve done row 3 so you know you’ve finished it and need to start on 4…? For some reason i cant get my head around it :rofl:

4 Likes

No, click to 4 once you’re done with 3, is what I meant.

4 Likes

Ah! Thank you!! :blush::blush:

3 Likes

I count as finished it makes it easier to remember if I need to pick up the project after a long while and I don’t wanna count, for example, 218 rows to make sure I counted the right amount.

5 Likes

I think either is fine as long as you are consistent. It’s the same as marking the last row of the round, or the first one.

5 Likes

Depending on how many total rows/rounds there are, I set the row counter to the row number completed. I will also keep stitch markers on every 10th or 25th row

4 Likes

i click after i finish it, but whichever way is most comfortable for ya is the best way.
I havent needed to use mine since i started using ribblr tho, i dont even know where it is lol

4 Likes

This is 100% a personal choice. Do whatever makes the most sense in your brain
I used to change the number after I finished a row to show how many rows were completed, but one day I picked up an older project and confused myself for a minute, so I switched so that the counter shows what row I’m starting/working. Now, when I pick up an old project, I know that I’m on row x because that’s what the counter says
I use 0 as my chain or cast on, then click it before I start row 1 (if I use foundation chain then I would start with 1, but that’s a rarity as I dislike the look of foundation chain)

3 Likes