seller fees for free patterns?

Does anyone know how you earn $elfee points? Ive contacted Ribblr, but my issue is, ive shared my not-really-a-link ā€œlinkā€ to my Instagramā€¦But its not active yet. I dont have a big community anywhere, I shared it to tiktok aswell, but again its not a link. And my following is minusculeā€¦I also dont plan on charging for my patterns, BUT if when i go to my shop management page, it still says even under ā€œfree patternsā€ there is a 4% sale feeā€¦4% of zero, is zero. Whats the point of a sale fee :skull: Do they actually charge the pattern designer to give out free patterns? Bc if so every single one of you better be charging because that smells scammy to me. Im brand new to ribblr and Iā€™m getting ready to release my first pattern. Which is why im asking

Thanks for all your help!

-cece

4 Likes

Hi! I dont have a shop, but im pretty sure you do not get charged a fee for ā€œsellingā€ free patterns. Hope someone with a shop can confirm this :heart:

2 Likes

I can. Free patterns have no charges. The selfee applies when someone ā€œpurchasesā€ a pattern. Not free ones. Create away.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :heartbeat:

2 Likes

The selfee link helps here in the community to direct us to see your shop, or your pattern.

2 Likes

they donā€™t charge for free patterns, itā€™s a standard program that all transactions go through and will just say zero. The selfee link does work in the community when you announce a pattern drop, and it does work in pinterest and facebook (I think) and it will give you an idea of how much traffic you really get from those places for future reference. You certainly donā€™t have to use it, but itā€™s nice to have.
BTW each pattern will have itā€™s own selfee link

3 Likes

Tysm! šŸ«¶šŸ»

2 Likes

I had zero clue that it worked here on Ribblr aswell!

3 Likes