Selling Crochet/Knitting Items

Hello everyone! I crochet and I’m opening up my own shop soon for products and eventually patterns. I’m having trouble coming up with pricing though, and I didn’t know if anyone had tips? I don’t want to sell plushies for crazy expensive prices, but I also don’t want to underpay my hours of work.

6 Likes

How my business partner and I gauge prices is like the following: Price of materials, shipping (if you do free shipping), and how long you took to make it, like say how much you want per half hour, hour, etc.
Hope this helps!
:orange_heart: Nicole

6 Likes

Hi @Islaways_crochets , to answer your question, I’d say look at what other people are pricing their plushies and lower that price by a few dollars. That’s what I did on Etsy for my dinosaurs, I sell them for $24 each. A lot of people would say that’s undercutting and it is. As a fresh shop/seller no one knows you so the truth is, you’ll generate more interest with lower prices than other shops. Once you get some good reviews coming in you’ll start to see more sales and you 'll eventually make a profit. It’s good to know your worth though and keep that in mind. I just thought I’d share my experience.:two_hearts:

5 Likes

Ok, thank you so much! This helps a lot!

3 Likes

Thank you! This is super helpful to me :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

3 Likes