Selling on Etsy

I know some of you who sell on ribblr also sell on Etsy. I really want to do that too but I’m scared of getting my patterns stolen. Has any of you who sell on Etsy ever had that problem?

9 Likes

no but my cousine has but you can report so yea thay stole her cow pattern and made a fake account and stared selling her pattern

8 Likes

Oh how did she found out and how long was it before they took it down?

5 Likes

it didnt so she left etsy but i told her to report it but she ddnt do it it took idk a long time i didnt ask but she told me that idk if its real bc she lies alot

6 Likes

I’ve honestly never had a problem with someone stealing my patterns (that I’m aware of), however, I did have A LOT of problems with customers buying my patterns and then demanding refunds because they thought they were buying the crochet item (I sold my patterns for $1.00 at the time… like really? :sweat_smile:). I always had it stated in my title, descriptions, and refund policy that they were digital downloads for the crochet patterns ONLY and that refunds weren’t an option. I’m sure it was their way of trying to scam me because once they have the pattern downloaded I can’t get it back.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s much you can do except report it to Etsy. Like I said, I’ve never really had an issue. I would maybe put watermarks on your photos to help protect yourself. I imagine having to make their own and take photos of it themselves might help deter them from stealing. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Okay thanks! I’ve been watermarking my pics bc my mom told me to but I didn’t think about how that would prevent ppl from stealing.

4 Likes

They need the photos to sell the pattern so if they are watermarked they have to put more work into it. The more work someone has to put into it, the less likely they are to steal it. I mean, its still a possibilty, but it will help prevent it.

6 Likes

OH! and also add disclaimers to your patterns that they are not to be resold or distributed. It gives you grounds to stand on if you do find someone who has scammed you.

5 Likes

So far I haven’t had that problem but my pattern is only about a month old. The great thing about ribblr is the way it’s set up actually helps to prevent theft!
I have my pattern both here and on Etsy and so far it’s going well! I think it’s totally worth a try and see how it goes! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Ribblr is the best honestly! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes