Should I repurpose the dinosaur?

A while ago I accidentally bought duplicate stuffed animals. I kind of want to rip one open for stuffing because I really don’t need two of the same and I could use the stuffing for amigurumi. I know it’s just a lump of fluff that has no thoughts and can’t feel pain but for some reason I feel guilty and can’t bring myself to do it.

9 Likes

Lol, I know what you mean! I’d have the same dilemma… I hope you have peace of mind with whichever you choose!! :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

You know, I’d do it. Make it like your opening a gift of stuffing! :slightly_smiling_face:. I hoard stuff, so I’m getting better about stuff like that! 🫶🏼

5 Likes

That’s a good way to think of it. A big dinosaur shaped present!

3 Likes

It’s a good way to recycle things! If you don’t feel like you need two and just can’t bring yourself to throw it away. It’s nice to know that it’s going to be loved in different ways - even if it just the insides! It would technically be recycled stuffing​:woman_shrugging:t3::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Oof… that’s got me stumped. I use the stuffing from a pillow, but I bought it specifically for that reason, lol.

3 Likes

Btw, those dinos are super cute!!

3 Likes

Sorry, i can’t side with the “open it up” crowd. I’d find someone with a little girl or having a baby and give it to them. It’s just so cute!!

6 Likes

I have been using a older throw pillow from 5 below and they work great!

3 Likes

You could cut at a seam and use the stuffing, then fill the dino back up with wheat, sew it back up and make an awesome wheat bag for muscle aches etc. :t_rex:

4 Likes

“RIP” a seam open and take out the stuffing and then refill with all your scraps! Scrap yarn or fabric whatever little pieces you don’t thow away but don’t know what to do with! It may take some time to refill but it could then be named SCRAPPY! You could even put some scraps on the outside and make him your mascot!

Or find another little one to gift it to! :wink:

7 Likes

This is the best answer!

3 Likes

Scrappy Dino! That’s a great idea

3 Likes

So my 1st thought was DONT KILL THE DINOOOOO!!! :sob: but I honestly love everyone’s ideas of how to recycle!!

2 Likes

That’s kind of my thought process too. The dino can live on in different forms

2 Likes

This is actually a great idea!

2 Likes

Maybe post it online to check if there are any parents looking for duplicates? Or donate it to a dog shelter? I want to give it a chance to serve its purpose before actually giving it “new life” in a project.

3 Likes

That’s a good idea also

2 Likes

This :point_up_2:

3 Likes

I think I’m with you on this one. Someone else would love it. BUT don’t feel guilty whichever you decide, you paid for it with your money, it’s yours to keep, repurpose or regift! :grin:

3 Likes