Should I take a break?

Hey everyone,

So I have gotten a little overwhelmed :pensive:. Before I had no issue uploading to YouTube and finishing a pattern I designed, but now I’m find it hard.

My son is now in daycare :raised_hands: but I’m working 4 days a week now. So I get 1 day all alone at home. Good right… no :pensive:

This is where I need advice.:sos::persevere:
I have 20 patterns that needed to be tested, redone, or released. I also want to do tutorials for all my patterns on YouTube.

My phone, laptop, and iPad are all full of videos and pictures for YouTube shorts, and just regular videos.

I have 102 WIPS… :scream:

Should I take a break and focus on finishing the content I have already ( everything listed above :arrow_up:) Which would mean I would come back first Wednesday of September.

Or don’t worry about trying to grow my brand and get my name out there and just have fun.

So stressed, crocheting isn’t fun

21 Likes

you should be having fun. sometimes turning a hobby into a business isn’t always the greatest idea because what was once a fun pass time is now more work. you should take a break to make sure your crocheting not for business, but because you enjoy it

9 Likes

Thank you. Only reason I want to turn it into a business is because I crochet Soo much I have too many plushies. So why not sell them.

6 Likes

I’m thinking of just doing craft fairs and not etsy

5 Likes

i get that and i do the same, but sometimes a break is needed just to refresh your outlook

5 Likes

I think I will break and focus on getting my patterns tested.

6 Likes

i hope your break makes you feel refreshed

5 Likes

Lol :joy: I come back more stressed with 50 more patterns to be tested. I’m dealing with unmedicated ADHD. So I blame the WIPS on that

6 Likes

Do you find making videos and building your brand fun or like work? I say do what makes you feel relaxed and have fun.

5 Likes

I find it fun. But this is my first kid and I think between him & my husbabd, work, and crocheting. I forgot why I crochet. My mind is saying, stop :stop_sign: finish what you started. And only post when I feel like it.

6 Likes

Okay yeah, listen to your gut and just do whatever you feel like doing is my advice :slight_smile: Going with your own flow is what makes things more fun in my opinion!

6 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I have been stressed all day. I’m at work doing absolutely nothing and can’t crochet

5 Likes

I think it’s amazing that you are trying to achieve awesome things.
However, I think you should seek joy.
Spend a week off of crochet, do other things that make you happy.
When you come back to crochet, come back with the goal to have fun with it again!
If you are having fun and are happy when creating content, it will have better results.
Just work on things that you find joy in making. Doesn’t have to be for a video or photos.
If you actually feel inspired to record it or take photos, then that is awesome. But don’t force yourself to.
You gotta recharge and pour into your own cup, so you don’t get too burnt out. Take care of yourself :heart:

6 Likes

Little at a time. I think the pattern tests would help. I have been trying to catch up on some of my stuff too. Never easy. But, keep it fun.

5 Likes

Girl, don’t turn something you LOVE into a job/chore. For me, crocheting is my stress reliever. You know about my crazy hooligan kiddo, my nerves are always tore up. Which is why I haven’t started selling anything I make. I already work full time, I don’t want 2 full time jobs. Take time for you! You deserve it mamas. Don’t let something that brings you joy turn to something so stressful. Take a couple steps back. It may help you leap. Here for you!!! :heartpulse:

5 Likes

Thank you guys. I really appreciate it :pray: this community is so friendly and helpful. I have decided to take a break. Not from crocheting but from uploading. I will focus on all the work I have now. And when I come back I will only be doing tutorials.

5 Likes

Maybe make a list of your priorities and take it slow. I wanted to release 2-4 more patterns in July myself but it’s putting my time and body into a traumatic stress I dont need. So this is what I’ve done. Make a list of wips that you’d like to work on and keep it small so it’s not over whelming. With your patterns I’d suggest the same. If you still feel overwhelmed then take a break. Crochet is a skill and if that skill feels stressful it’s not fun anymore. It can cause one to begin to loathe it. :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Yes I will make a list. I love crocheting, it’s that feeling you get after you finish a new project and it turned out so well. I think my number 1 goal is to clear my devices of videos. Thank you :blush::pray:

2 Likes

I have had many people tell me that I should sell my things on etsy. I tell them all the same thing, -I want to keep crochet fun and make what I want when I want. As soon as it feels like work or not fun it means that something needs to change.

3 Likes

I think that I might skip Etsy and at the end of the year just do craft fairs so I can make more room for more plushies and yarn :yarn:

3 Likes