Should I-?

Sooo as some of yall may know i started homeschooling late January this year due to a lot of bullying, a crummy school situation because we had to move buildings (long story) and overall it just sucked. my old school i was also bullied a lot physically and verbally so it wasnt fun then either, but i just got sick of everything and decided to homeschool. now im done for the year (as of the 7th) and the public schools near me are getting out soon, so i kinda need to decide soon. (also i moved before i started homeschooling so brand new district)
I kind of want to go try the public school near me, but im not sure how well i would do, im an introvert but open up when i make close friends. im also not really good at meeting new people or making new friends :‘> mostly because im too socially awkward and scared to talk to new people/start a convo with them, so friend wise i might be all alone which doesnt help in a place i’ve never been :’> the only time i was ever a new kid was preschool/kindergarten when everyone was so i suck at this ;-; i also may not to pick whatever classes i want and be stuck with whatever has space left because i think everyone else has already selected next years classes. if i do try in person i can always start homeschooling again if things get bad. the hours are 8:05 a.m. – 2:35 p.m and there’s no lockers, binders, anything like that, i think you just have a backpack and your chromebook (with materials inside ofc) and if i do try public school, ofc that would mean less time to talk to yall as well, this is kinda a big decision and i wanna know yalls thoughts :> shout out to some of my friends hereee @anon92679035 @Coxkroach @CreshesxCritters @LittleCreatures @XxTheCosmosxX @sluginamug @RingoSilly @Combre @StormiWeather13 @alienlynxie (sorry this is so long)

• Keep homeschooling
  • Try public school
0 voters
17 Likes

i think homeschool would be better still
-ngl public school is the worst

but you could always try public school for a couple of days and make up your mind to see if you’d wanna stay or not ^^

7 Likes

I’ve seen ppl do a combo of both. To get the best out of both of them! But you should do what you like better!

5 Likes

I think u should try it and if you decide it isn’t for you, u can always go back to homeschool! Ofc if you aren’t ready, don’t go!/nf​:heartbeat:

5 Likes

But yeah homeschool rules!!

6 Likes

Coming from someone who is in public school. Go back to public school. It gains you so much knowledge on people. Im introverted and made all of my friends because of assigned seating. Like one of my best friends Evie and I were sat together in Social studies and Art and now we sit together at lunch since we dont have any classes together.
EDIT: If you dont go back for 8th grade I recommend going to high school. People care about what other people think less and you will have way more opportunities in the feature

6 Likes

Yeah understandable :sob: it’s kinda hard to answer every question and not have a clue and then you get it wrong :sob:

5 Likes

I’ve been home schooled since 1st grade and I definitely like being homeschooled . It is your choice so I am not going to make you stay homeschooled if you don’t want to be

6 Likes

I am a huge introvert irl, in my experience (I’ve been to a total of 6 schools) extroverts will probably adopt you, I never really had to do the making friend part :3

5 Likes

I’m sorry u had to go through that stuff at ur old school :frowning: that sucks. I think u should give public school a shot because u can always go back to home schooling! Also, I’m an introvert and not good at talking to others, but you’ll find ur way around and find people u like :)) it might take a little time, but you’ll warm up to some others! I’m a shy quiet person but I actually have a good amount of friends- some who crochet and draw like me. So I say u should give it a chance. Hope everything goes well :))

4 Likes

Completely understand. You could always look into the clubs they offer to see if anything sparks interest… Other than that, if you want a sense of community while you do homeschooling, you can always look into youth groups in your community!

3 Likes

All in all do what you believe is right for you and just know that everyone learns and grows in different ways and in different environments. 🩷

1 Like

i think you should try itttt :)) it’ll be fun and literally everyone will love u (cuz how could they not) <3

2 Likes

since you have the option to switch back to homeschooling if you want (or need) to, i think you ought to give public school another shot !! speaking as another person who was pulled out of public school in junior high bc it was awful and didn’t go back the next year

if you end up deciding to homeschool this year too, then yeah i agree with neptune in that high school/9th grade may be a good place to go back. assuming your district works kinda like mine, there’ll be a bunch of new people bc of the middle schools merging and it’d probably be a lil easier to make friends

2 Likes

ok for the last part tho the everyone loves me isnt true :sob: idk what i ever did to them but at my old school i had like 2 friends max SOME of the time and everyone else hated me :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

bc those ppl were dumbos. these ppl will love u (not ever as much as i love u tho)

2 Likes

i hope so :sob: :heart:

1 Like

I think you should keep homeschooling. It would probably benefit you way more than public school would. Due to all the bullying and Etc. If you’re home school do you can do school on your own time and certain things count as curricular activity while in school those kinds of things don’t. Like if you go outside and work in a garden or you mess with animals that counts as curricular activity like Sciences. I think you should keep homeschooling cuz it give you way more free time and you could do so much more than when you were or are in public school period this is just my opinion period hopefully this helps you out!

2 Likes

I would 100% Recommend homeschooling! I started homeschooling when I was in 8th grade because that is when covid hit. Now I’m about to be a senior and I can’t imagine going to school now. I have so much freedom and a lot more time. If you’re worried about not having any friends I wouldn’t worry about that. Public school is a waste of time and is a failing society. It really is just my opinion, but I would recommend not going back to public school. You’re not missing out on mach, school dances doesn’t determine your future. Try hard with your schoolwork and don’t think that college is what you should work towards. Do what you think is right and talk about it with your parents.

3 Likes

As a person who homeschools themselves, i’ve never experienced public school! Props to you for having to deal with bullies and all that bad stuff!! I would honestly stick to homeschooling. I don’t know about you, but i LOVE it. Honestly, its up to you and your family in the end! I hope thinks work out for you!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes