Sierra'sStitchSanctuary Topic of my Day! All about Graphs.

Well now that I am all caught up on my post reading for the day, time for my post topic!
Graphs!
Specifically, crochet graphs. (But not limited to talk about of course)
I am recently diving into designing my own graph patterns, and I am here to fluff up the whole topic. I’m talking, tips, tricks, mistakes you learned from so we don’t have to learn it the hard way, wips you never finished, pride and joy projects, even your most hated and tedious graphs.
Have you ever crocheted from one, designed one, pattern tested for one, or are they just not your Jam? And if the latter, peanut butter and tell us why.
Are they easy for you? Or intimidating? Something you search for, or stray away from?
Lets talk all things Graphs, graphgans, tote bag graph themes, Designs, mistakes, pride-filled projects and where your heart lies in todays Graphicial topic.

Heart Pixel GIF

9 Likes

React Reaction GIF by John Crist Comedy

5 Likes

Mia Dont Be Afraid GIF by ABC Network

5 Likes

I love them. I once took a selfie of us, turned it into a graph, made it into a blanket (on a queen size bed). And then did other projects for a couple of years before weaving in all the ends … (still not done)

usselfie

usblanket

7 Likes

Omg I love graph. I mainly make detailed pixel blankets and I love to use crochet graphs. Other options I love are peeler bead patterns and cross stitch patterns.
There are also a few programs that you can create your own graphs and print them out. I love graphs and they are beautiful…. WHEN DONE!

If I’m honest, they are very time consuming and there will be more ends times weave in than you’ve ever seen but it’s all worth it.

6 Likes

Awesome! By the way, welcome to the Ribblr community!

6 Likes

I love making them! Time consuming I designed my first two last year and it’s not easy if you aren’t sure what to do… i need to weave in the ends on the Deadpool one and the second one of R2-D2 I’m still working on both are for my sons. I also have a huge the hobbit characters and a banner that was a crochet along I need to finish.
Bobbins are a must and suggest to either use the giant plastic clothes pins or something you can clip to your work as you go.
Carry your yarn but not to many stitches as it bulks up your piece.
These blankets can be weighty but so fun once finished
These are only some of my finished ones either crochet along or from purchased patterns.

7 Likes

Cat Wow GIF

5 Likes

I avoided anything with graphs for a while but recently watched a few YouTube videos explaining how to follow a graph and I realized it was actually fairly simple. I started a tapestry project with an image of a tree and it’s time consuming because I’m still figuring it out and had to unravel parts and redo them a few times, but this is a skill I’m confident I can learn.

7 Likes

Holy cheese crackers, that’s amazing! I absolutely love the way it came out.
My love of pixel art has translated into my crochet hobbies, but I never would have thought to do a selfie, so unique and cool :grin: :love_letter:

4 Likes

Absolutely yes! My love of pixel art has hugely slipped over into my love of crochet, and being a designer at heart, it all just comes together!
Also, for colour work I have found that crocheting over my ends makes those weaving and assembling days 10x more bearable haha
And Welcome to the Community! :grin:

3 Likes

Wow! These are incredible!
And so many wonderful tips, thank you so much for sharing.
I can’t pick a favorite, they’re all to perfect in their own way. Congrats on such amazing work!

3 Likes

You can do anything you put the practice and patience into! I’ve frogged a lot of works, but it makes me better at my craft in the long run!

Trust Believe GIF

5 Likes