Sock pattern testing

I’m trying to attract more attention to my sock knitting patterns, so here’s the testing call:
I have 3 general styles, each has two fitting options for a total of 6 patterns and I need 2 testers for each pattern for a total of 12 testers.
The first two persons to request a pattern will get it, and once the item is closed, it will be removed from this list.
I will not be setting a deadline on each test, but I will ask that you stay in contact and keep a journal with photos.
I will answer ALL questions and address ALL issues you may have along the way.

These sock formulas are universal in nature. This means that you will get the sock you design. You will need to pick your yarn, needles, stitches, and gauge. I suggest you try and make a “copycat” of a sock you have always wanted to try.
Once you have completed the item, you are free to choose another available pattern from the list.

Infinite sock formula one- toe up, blunt/wide toe and heel, turned heel, no gusset
Infinite sock formula two- toe up, pointed/narrow toe and heel, turned heel, no gusset
Gussy sock formula one- toe up, blunt/wide toe and heel, gusset construction (1 taken)
Gussy sock formula two- toe up, pointed/narrow toe and heel, gusset construction
Spats formula one- toe up, blunt/wide toe and heel, Abbott Victorian Heel, loves lace or cables
Spats formula two- toe up, pointy/narrow toe and heel, Abbott Victorian Heel, loves lace or cables

11 Likes

I don’t like to do toe up, so I’m going to pass… But wanted to wish you good luck on your test! Looking forward to seeing whatever everyone does!

6 Likes

if you are familiar enough with socks, it’s fairly easy to reverse the formula for cuff down, I’d be happy to help with the conversion

7 Likes

So I usually do a fish lips kiss heel, with that is there one of these you’d suggest? I do not like doing the heel flap that you have to pick up stitches on the sides…
Also, I will wait to fully commit until I know there is enough space as I know I won’t be able to start until next month and I’m not the fastest knitter (so if others can start right away, I’d rather they get the spot)

7 Likes

I think flk heel is the closest to my infinite sock formula, but my gusset sock does not pick up stitches either, you work the gussets and then remove stitches after turning the heel (same heel as infinite sock)

7 Likes

Too bad I’m absolutely fully booked atm.
But if you need anyone in 6-8 weeks still, holler :smiley::two_hearts:

7 Likes

This is open till it’s filled, no pressure on anyone

8 Likes

Just 1 question is there a photo of ur sock tester pattern ???

7 Likes

these are already published, so the plain vanilla versions are in my store
I"m just hoping that giving out some freebies will help get the word out

9 Likes

Ok so looking at the patterns you talk about the instep… Which is better for low arches or flat feet?

5 Likes

If you look at the side of your foot, the instep is the diagonal line from the back of your heel to the crease where your foot and ankle meet in the front. If shoes and socks tend to pinch or bite in that crease area, you have a high instep and would need Gussy. Flat arches would just be an extension of your ball of foot measurement.

6 Likes

Oh ok, I don’t think I have an issue with the instep for myself, but maybe that’s why the socks I made my son are a little difficult to get over his heel :woman_shrugging:t3:
Also set a bookmark/reminder for myself to check back after my current test is done…

4 Likes

Yes, that would make a difference.
That is why I dislike most sock patterns. You get all jazzed over the look of the sock and then it doesn’t really fit the foot you were making it for. Once you’ve worn a sock that is actually fitted for you, you begin to wonder how you ever put up with anything else.

5 Likes

Now things start making sense :smiley:
I need to check your patterns again, gave them some loving yesterday and then check what I’d need for my feet. :smiley::two_hearts:

5 Likes

I’ve had a hard time trying to explain that these are not single sock patterns, these are ALL the sock patterns. This is finding your fit then taking every sock pattern you see and copying it onto YOUR pattern.
You can take these 6 formulas (the 7th is a special needs thing) and make any sock for any foot out of any yarn in any stitch pattern. The only reason I split them up was to prevent a lot of “if this, then skip to this” mess like trying to do your taxes. Lol
Spats and Infinite can be done in reverse (exchange increases and decreases) to make cuff down, and a little cyphering would turn Gussy around as well

5 Likes

I love that​:heavy_heart_exclamation:

And I’m a total toe up girl. I love using scraps :joy:

4 Likes

This is intriguing!!
s reactions wars GIF

5 Likes

At the risk of blowing your mind more…
Once you understand the formula, you can start replacing toes and heels with other methods and just use the same formula.
I really could have just sat on this and churned out a new pattern of the week for years.

jurassic park mind blown GIF by Spotify

5 Likes

:+1:t2::two_hearts::smiley:

3 Likes

You really make me want to say ‘yes, please let me test’.
But I’d currently probably get an inch a week done.
Sigh. :joy:

Pesky custom orders that people come up with :joy:

5 Likes