Solved - Pattern saving question

Out of curiosity, what happens when a designer decides to close shop and deletes their patterns from Ribblr?

I’m guessing we’d loose the pattern, even if we bought it, correct?
(Unless the designer emailed or offered a pdf file for download. )

11 Likes

This is a good question. I hadn’t thought of it before. Curious to know now too :blush: thanks for asking

5 Likes

Yeah. I’ve lost tons of patterns., Twice, due to phone crashes (and my own stupidity of not backing up and saving externally)

I’d really like to keep what I’m collecting now :joy: (and yes, I finally got an iCloud to save what I don’t save manually).
But since we can’t usually download all patterns,… it leaves me a wee but anxious.
But maybe I’m missing something :smiley::woman_shrugging:t2::smiley:

5 Likes

Huh. Hadn’t thought of that.
@Ribblr?

6 Likes

Quoting from this thread: Downloading patterns? - #8 by Tasariel

Ribblr: “You are absolutely right and for that reason we’ve made sure this would not happen. We can reassure you that even if a pattern is removed or is being unpublished anyone who purchased/acquired it will still have access to it.”

8 Likes

Technically great. :+1:t2:

One hickup I see in that theory: how can I tell Ribblr which pattern I need to access if it’s been removed.
It’s not like I remember every name ir designer :thinking:

Unless a copy stays in the library. Not sure how that would technically be possible, but hey, I’m no programmer :smiley:

4 Likes

I presume it means if its in your library its there forever. Similar to if you downloaded one and saved to your own cloud storage. I suspect it would just disapear for people purchasing but maybe I’m picking that up wrong

5 Likes

I see the difference in the pattern ‘front page’ now. And yes, I guess that’s how it’s saved in our library.

I was wondering why I couldn’t get a link to the pattern in the library, dooh.

The pattern page

Vs the store front page

I guess that means we technically have a ‘virtual pdf’ copy saved in our library. :nerd_face::woman_shrugging:t2::smiley:

4 Likes

Yeah, seems to be that if you’ve put a pattern into your library that it will stay there, even if the designer closes shop.

4 Likes

That’s correct. It won’t be available publicly anymore but it will stay available to those who legally acquired it, as usual in their library. It is really rare for people to close their shops but you can rest assured if that ever happens to a shop which you bought from you will still have access to the pattern :blush:

6 Likes

:+1:t2::heavy_heart_exclamation::+1:t2:

3 Likes