(Solved) Pattern testing question

Edit: solved.
This is a ribblr feature not a bug or glitch.
Ribblr confirmed the tab will not appear if you are not testing anything.
Thanks so much for all the help everyone.
This community is so super helpful :green_heart:

Hey,
Hoping someone can help with a little question.
Do you automatically lose acces to a pattern you tested when the testing finishes?
I have tested a few patterns on here but went to look at one of the pattern to notice I donā€™t even have a testing tab (I presume due to not actively testing any patterns currently).
Just looking for some confirmation on how this side works.
Thanks

8 Likes

Weā€™re they there before the last Ribblr update?

Everyone has a testing ā€œbuttonā€. Does yours look like this? In the middle at the top?

7 Likes

I agree with @anoswaldoddity you should have a testing tab even if you donā€™t have active testsā€¦ Maybe @Ribblr can help with this?

But to answer a little further on your question
If the designer removes it from your testing, then you would not see it there. Most designers have offered the final pattern as ā€œcompensationā€ for testing, so sometimes they will then gift the pattern after removing you as a tester, in this case it would be found in your ā€œmy patternsā€ tabā€¦ (However I have yet to have a designer removes me from testing and gift the pattern to me, so if I want to make it again, I have to go into my testing tab :woman_shrugging:t3:)

8 Likes

I used it about a week ago but now it looks like this.
Hopefully its just a minor glitch then. Thank you

7 Likes

I believe that might be a glitch, @Ribblr should know and be able to fix it for sure though

7 Likes

That is a glitch!

4 Likes

Agree with all the above. Hopefully you got a hold of @Ribblr help and can get you test tan restored.

As far as the patterns in testing, when the test due date hits I remove all testers from testing (otherwise the list becomes to cluttered) and those who have created a journal and/or given me any feedback, I will gift the pattern. If someone does not communicate with me after being added to testers then they are just removed at the due date time.

6 Likes

Clearly I havenā€™t tested for you :wink:

6 Likes

More to come soon :blush: so many ideas I need to get on paper in a way others will understand :joy::joy::crazy_face:

6 Likes

I so appreciate this step, btw!
I have about 12 +/- tests that have been completed, and designers havenā€™t removed them. It is pretty cluttered. I like to just see what I need to work on and get right to it. So, thank you for that!

@GotenkslovesmeCraft I agree basically with what everyone else has already said. Looks like a glitch. Your test patterns should not just disappear once youā€™re done, unless the designer has removed it

6 Likes

Just to check- how many patterns did you have under testing?

4 Likes

mine looks like yours when I am not testing. it happens when the person I am testing has gifted me the pattern for testing. So if you didnā€™t finish the test the designer may have just closed the test out?

6 Likes
  • When you have patterns in testing you have a testing tab in your pattern library. When you donā€™t have any patterns in testing this tab disappears.

• After the testing period is complete for a specific pattern, this pattern is removed from the testing tab. If the said pattern was gifted to you by the designer you should see it in your regular pattern library.

8 Likes

hi! so, i got added to like a CAL but i canā€™t seem to see it and i donā€™t have a testing button. any way to fix this? thanks!
Screenshot 2022-10-19 9.56.56 PM

7 Likes

Someone else actually has a problem like this, hereā€™s the thread

I believe there might be some answers there that could help, but @Ribblr should also know for sure though I believe itā€™s a glitch but I could be wrong

5 Likes

also, did you check your patterns to see if they just added it there?

5 Likes

Wow, there are actually several posts about this nowā€¦ And folks are starting to say they canā€™t assign testers either

6 Likes

Itā€™s become very weird

5 Likes

Weirdly, I can still assign my own, just no ā€œtestingā€ tab

2 Likes

I checked. None have ever been sent to me from any of the designers.

3 Likes