(Solved) Pattern testing question

I think you made a slight mistake, you’ve linked to this thread. Thanks for the help though :blush:

3 Likes

I communicated and gave full feedback but I’ve never been gifted them.
I also haven’t removed anyone from my testing.

3 Likes

I always finished with full feedback given. Ribblr have confirmed they remove everyone after pattern test so that’s why i have no tab and no access to any of the patterns I helped with.
I was unaware of this too and thought my testers who were left on would have access. I had no idea that could be revoked without my knowledge.

4 Likes

No, Ribblr does not remove anyone. It’s designers who do. If the designer says they didn’t remove you please have them send a screenshot to our team so they can investigate further. Thanks!

4 Likes

But this reply from ribblr says it does. Have i misunderstood sorry?

3 Likes

I don’t do many tests because of time constraints lately. I just assumed they would gift the pattern, for testing it and journaling about it as you tested, for helping them. That they wouldn’t is surprising to me. Maybe I’m just naive?

4 Likes

I haven’t gifted any of mine since they are free and assumed if i left on testing they’d have continuous access if they didn’t want to mess about getting it again.
I’m not sure you can gift free patterns but will need to look otherwise when my testing is done, everyone who trsted would have to search it out themselves.

4 Likes

I understand the confusion! To clarify- it does not get removed by Ribblr. Only by the designer.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t think gifting it, if it’s a free pattern would be necessary, because they can go down load it for free ;). The ones that will cost money I assumed they would gift at the end of the testing as a thank you.

4 Likes

Ok so its not after its complete? I assume this had meant when turning the patterns live the trsting period ended closing out the testers but I assume this is just an error in wording?

3 Likes

Oh my bad! I had meant to share the link to this topic, I must have not click out of the post though and ended up replying to it lol

4 Likes

Yeah, just without gifting, the pattern will disappear from their library and I suspect most people wouldn’t be bothered hunting it down again.

3 Likes

No worries :blush: always good to have people trying to help

3 Likes

You did fine! I merged the two topics.

To conclude- designers have the control to add or remove you from testing. Ribblr does not add or remove people on others’ behalf. We always recommend they gift patterns to testers who completed the test.

There isn’t a bug with testing currently, it just means you’ve been removed and therefore you cannot see your testing tab.

6 Likes

Just for some reference:
-I have 18 patterns in my testing area.
-I have completed 16. For whatever reason, the designers have not “turned off” (not sure how this is done so I’m not sure the actual wordage) the test, or removed the test?
-9 of the 16 have been published by the designers.
-I do have numerous gifted patterns as well from other completed tests.

I think, I can say, patterns are not automatically removed once the test is done, even if it’s been published by the designer. Only the designer can remove the pattern, whether that’s after it’s been completed or before.

5 Likes

Okay, thanks for the info! Also, thanks for letting me know for the topic comment, I was wondering how I accidentally wrote the wrong reply to the wrong topic lol :laughing:

4 Likes

Thank you for confirming.
The wording made me think you had added this new feature but it seems the designers have just removed me from testing without gifting. I presume they are unaware of this being a suggested thing.

5 Likes

nvm, thanks for the help!

4 Likes

Well removing the pattern and not gifting you said pattern sucks.
People, you testers, the ball is in YOUR court. The designers basically have nothing to offer you. You’re the one spending the time to decipher said pattern, provide feedback on said pattern, provide the yarn for said pattern, and the TIME making the pattern.
If they have promised you a pattern in the tester call and then remove it, you need to report it.
If they say nothing about giving you the pattern for testing, then ask them. “ Will you be gifting the pattern after completion of the test?”
If they don’t answer your question directly, MOVE ON. This person doesn’t deserve your time.

Also, tester calls for patterns to be conducted on another platform (facebook, Instagram) is UNETHICAL as well as fishing for testers who have no intention of publishing said pattern on Ribblr.

8 Likes

I would also like to add the advice for testers
DO NOT WRITE THE PATTERN FOR THEM
I have seen several examples of Tester calls for absolute garbage and once the pattern is published its a completely different pattern and really cute.
Stop giving your skills away. If a pattern is garbage, say it needs to be rewritten and move on. There is nothing that special about working that hard for a pattern being “gifted” to you that you wrote

6 Likes