[Solved] Ribblr lagging/eternally just loading

Hello everyone! I am fairly new here and only have been on ribblr for a few weeks, but I have noticed that since the start, after a point the app starts lagging when I am browsing crochet patterns and scrolling. After a point, it doesnt scroll anymore. It just loads and loads and even if hours pass by, nothing changes. Even if I refresh, still nothing changes. it just stays stuck loading.
I then tried on desktop. I was able to scroll a liiiittle bit further and the same thing happened there too.
I keep having this issue and now I cannot even scroll in the patterns I own (which btw are very few). Like, I cannot even look at my owned patterns to find something new to crochet. Less than 30 patterns on that tab and I cannot scroll without it getting stuck! Is this normal? I feel like it is an extremely frustrating experience.

Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

I’ve had that problem with going through patterns in the shop area, just greyed boxes eternally loading lol although that only happens to me after I scroll for awhile as for my patterns I haven’t had that problem, but I haven’t scrolled through it in a while. I’m not sure if it’s normal this might be a bug/glitch so perhaps @Ribblr will have a better answer to the problem :smile:

4 Likes

Thank you for your reply! Hopefully yes. I know it is definitely not an issue of my connection since mine is really fast and never lags. So it is for sure website specific. Maybe it is server related, I dont know. All this time it was happening when I had been through like 100 patterns so I was like “ok”. But now it happens instantly and I am just so sad about it. Hopefully it fixes itself soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I hope it fixes soon, so many amazing patterns I’m missing out on, something I do to counter it even if it’ll grey out at the end is going through sort by and put through oldest to newest to see some of the patterns I’m missing :grin::laughing:

2 Likes

That is a really good idea. Thanks!
I feel the same thing about missing out on patterns. I also want to upload my own and really think about the fact that they are probably not going to be seen after a point.
Honestly, I also get an “ick” because I have web designer experience and speed is such an important factor when it comes to websites. I am sure it is because there are a lot of things going on on the website (pictures, videos, chat that runs live, etc). Some things probably need to be updated and I hope it happens soon.

1 Like

It’s definitely not acceptable however we are not aware or have had reports of such issues. Can you please send us a quick message and attach a link to a screen recording so we can see exactly what your experience is like?

This is what it looks like on our end (in 1x speed):

2 Likes

I can’t speak for ArtFairy and what they see but for me this is what happens after scrolling for a a bit and reaching the end (the original video is 5 mins but it could only go and save 1 min on imgur to share) to show the results, I just showed the end of scrolling for a bit and reaching those grey loading boxes, it stays like that without loading

4 Likes

For some reason it wont allow me to upload the video and I get this notification , but it looks the same for me as it does on @ArtsAndNaps video, both on desktop and the app.

2 Likes

Yeah mp4’s aren’t supported I got Imgur and uploaded my video there and then shared the link onto here for it to work :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’ve had similar issues, but just in general everything always takes FOREVER to load. Or it refreshes and I lose what I was trying to click on. I love Ribblr so much, but things aren’t very user friendly in that aspect. I really wish they would work on streamlining the app experience that already exists instead of adding new features. I would love to be able to search for things properly for example, but it’s always so buggy (search terms won’t bring up patterns that I know exist within my own library for example):sob:

2 Likes

Yep! It looks like that often for me too​:sob:

1 Like

Have you reported any of these issues before?

1 Like

Hi @MinichelleDesigns @crochetniac @ArtsAndNaps @ArtFairy

First of all thank you for reporting your issues and utilizing the community tools so perfectly to help us escalate this.

Our engineers believe this has now been solved for you, and you should be able to scroll through with no issues and at the speed shown in our video above.

If you run into more issues, similar or different, please let us know ASAP.
Whilst our team is relatively small, we take these issues very seriously and always prioritizing them.

Have an awesome day! :purple_heart:

11 Likes

omg wow I cant believe this! It works now! I can scroll down my whole wishlist!
oh my, these are amazing news!!!
Thank you so much!

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your hard work!

5 Likes

Our pleasure. That’s what were here for!

4 Likes