Sometimes, I get frustrated..

Hello. It’s been a while since my last post​:seedling:

Do you also, at times, get frustrated like me?
I received a request from a customer. She told me she wanted a Stitch, the Lilo and Stitch character. She didn’t specify the amigurumi, his position (sitting or standing) or anything else.:tipping_hand_woman:t2:

So, I created Stitch and let my imagination run free. Once I finished the amigurumi, she said the eyes were too big, and she didn’t like that he was sitting, even though she hadn’t specified anything from the start of her order.:grimacing:

I’m a little frustrated because I have no desire to undo my Stitch. I think he’s still fine even if it’s my first attempt. I even bought a pattern in order to have a better result. I think that I really won’t undo it…

So, in the end, I didn’t say anything to my customer. I just told her I wouldn’t modify the plush because I like it the way it is. And that’s totally fine if she doesn’t like my baby. We can cancel her order and wait to another family to adopt my plush.

Do you also think my Stitch needs to be modified, or what do you think is wrong with my amigurumi?:cherry_blossom:

Crochet :yarn: amigurumi #liloandstitch stitch

30 Likes

OMG sooooooo cuteeeeee!:two_hearts::sparkles:

5 Likes

Nothing is wrong with him he is AMAZING the way he is!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

i think it looks perfect!!!

3 Likes

As cute as your Stitch is, be careful as Disney is infamous for aggressively defending its intellectual property rights. I wouldn’t risk creating and selling trademarked characters. Not worth the risk.

6 Likes

You did a great job making Stitch. I would keep the one you made for yourself, and if you really want to, make her another one.

4 Likes

Awww thank you​:blue_heart::blue_heart:

I was so frustrated. I almost spend 3 days unraveling, changing and sewing it. :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

Thank yooou​:blue_heart::blue_heart:

4 Likes

Noooo

3 Likes

It looks fine! She didnt specify what she wanted so its really on her!

6 Likes

I don’t find a thing wrong with him!

5 Likes

Thank yoou
I don’t think that I’ll make her another one after that haha

5 Likes

She asked me to make another one. Honestly, I don’t want to. I don’t want to hear again that she wants something else​:rofl:

6 Likes

Aww thank you​:pleading_face::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It’s absolutely adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: keep it

I’d advise to ask a lot of questions to your customers when taking commissions that way you ensure minimal cancelations. Also, always take at least 50% of the total price upfront, before you start working so if they end up canceling on you you still get paid for the work you did.

9 Likes

I think he’s adorable and absolutely perfect! I don’t think you should undo him- especially not after all that hard work! I honestly don’t know what that customer was thinking when they said that the eyes were too big. You should wait for another family to adopt or… (just keep him yourself! thats what I would do :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

He is adorable. Cancel the order, she is not appreciative of that hard work. Lesson learned though to ask questions prior to starting.

4 Likes

Your Stitch is a good a many that I’ve seen. And better than most! His eyes seem perfect to me. I LOVE how you did the ears! Don’t compromise! Stay true to yourself.

3 Likes

I think your stitch is adorable and if the customer wanted it to be specific they should have said or shown some sort of reference picture

3 Likes

Normally when I take orders from my customer, I always ask a lot of a questions. But time passed, I started to have customer who trust me in everything. So I guess, I was wrong thinking that she was like that too.:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

When it’s a new design that I’ve never made, I’m not used to take 50% of the price . I don’t want to disappoint my customer and I want to get paid only if they are satisfied. Moreover, I really love my amigurumi. They’re really like my babyy. I don’t wanna give them to people who wouldn’t value them. So I’m not seeing myself taking 50% of the total price to this customer cause she doesn’t like my Stitch

3 Likes