SSN number

hi guys! i have a question. when i first started a ribblr account i immediately wanted to make a shop. as soon as i made one i asked my dad if he can put his bank account in ribblr so i could earn a little money to buy stuff for myself, but as soon as we started it asked for his last 4 digits of his social security number. he thought that was suspicious or something so he did not set it up. so my question is: is this legit or are you getting scammed?
sorry id this question sounds kinda dumb but i want to some how prove my dad to set his bank account so i can earn some money:)

7 Likes

Idk either, I feel like it’s legit bc a lot of people have a shop, including some well known crocheters.

6 Likes

@Ribblr @saar
Let’s ask those who would know ok?

4 Likes

I think @Ribblr and @saar would have the information and be able to help :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I think is legit, but It’s good to get confirmation. You can send a private message to Ribblr also. They reply quicker! They asked my dad his social security and it’s just to prove your identity.

6 Likes

ok thank you!!

5 Likes

I believe if you set up shop online anywhere they ask you that! I have a ribblr shop and also an Etsy shop and I had to put that information for both. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

thank you

5 Likes

Hi, I know that here in the UK they use Stripe. This includes full verification to ensure no one is pretending to be you. The UK government have a page on Stripe payment confirming it is legitimate. I use for other services and its been smooth but slower than paypal for payment.
If it isn’t stripe they use where you are disregard what I’ve said but if its stripe, this should help a little.

7 Likes

Ribblr integrates with Stripe as a payments platform. Stripe is one of the world’s leading secure payment gateways, trusted by Amazon, Google, and more. Ribblr doesn’t keep your SSN nor your bank account details, this is all processed by Stripe, which has the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. Click here to learn more about Stripe security.

10 Likes