Start your row without a chain!!

See discussion below for best practices on weaving in ends.

10 Likes

I’ve used the chainless dc and like it, but like stacked sc a little better (tutorial by Briana K)

However I do NOT recommend the crochet over tails technique… The ends will pull out from wash and use… It’s best to bury them (Marly Bird has a decent tutorial, even though they talk about it in intarsia knitting, it works for regular knitting and crochet too)

4 Likes

@OBabyNMore I like the stacked SC also and use that always.
I agree with your assessment of crocheting over your ends if that all you do. But I leave a long enough tail to crochet over a few stitches, then take a darning needle ( with sharp point) and weave each tail INTO the yarn while zig zag in 3 different directions.

5 Likes

That is how the video suggests to bury the ends… And similar to what I do :blush:

3 Likes

Really??? I never seen the video. I just read a bunch a different stuff and came up with a soup of best practices. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I actually did similar, then someone suggested that video and I watched hoping for some “better/faster” way than what I was doing… Because she shows it on knitting, she isn’t working over her yarn first, but the rest is about the same

4 Likes

there is foundation stitches which is the firs row and the chain worked at the sane time

3 Likes