Started a New Project

Hello, Hello, Hello.
My name is Kandy’s and am just starting out on Ribblr. I’m in the process of making a skirt. I have never made anything outside of scarves and more scarves, and I wanted to do something that challenged me. I wanted to make a knitted skirt because I couldn’t stop thinking about knitting this one thing. I had to do it!

I am on this new journey to try to figure out if I can make a living out of doing what I love, and damn depression can be such a kill-joy. I relapsed into my depressive state and am feeling stuck in life again. What a bummer, right? Well, in hopes that I don’t fall back into the trap, I’m hoping to keep myself productive with my knitting projects to keep myself level headed.

And so here is some Show and Tell.
This is what I have gotten done so far after two days…

Not much, but it’s progress. I hope to get further into this as the week progresses. I’m obsessed, and I’m hoping to just be dedicated to this since I do lose my focus sometimes.

I’m curious to know what other project people do, and if you care to share below. How are you doing on your projects? …I’m a bit timid, but I’m hoping to get to know people here.

27 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr! That looks fantastic :clap: :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Welcome!! :grinning: That looks awesome!! :heart_eyes: Wishing you lots of luck on your new journey!! :yarn:

4 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr! I’m sure you’ll love it here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I have so many projects going on at once! Some of them are amigurumis, and others are clothing items :blush: Some are neither, like granny square afghans/pillows! :wink:

4 Likes

I’m so happy to hear I’m not the only one with too many wip’s! :grinning:

4 Likes

I tend to go in spurts too. Going to get some of those special light spectrum light bulbs for this winter when there is less sunlight to counter my SAD (seasonal affective disorder, great initials for it too :wink: ).

This is my current project for a friend who’s expecting next month. Her little ones come out good sized (oof) so this is sized 6 to 12 months so he can wear it all winter and spring, another Flax by Tin Can Knits, free pattern, love the top down sweaters. I’ve got two hats I need to work on too, promised.

8 Likes

It’s looking very beautiful!! I would to see the finished product when your done!

6 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

Thanks, I’m hoping for the best :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve been there. Doing so many projects at once. I am a bit guilty of staring a project, then doing half of it, and then starting a new one. That takes some focus to do a few at once. Man you’ve got some strength for that type of focus, but that shows how much you enjoy doing your projects.

5 Likes

I’ve heard of those light bulbs from a friend a while ago, but I forgot about it till now. I need to invest in those. Thanks, this is a good reminder, you know, life gets in the way lol

And wait…The project that you are doing is a free pattern? The projects is cute :slight_smile: I wish I could knit those! I think I’ll add this to my list of projects to do. I want to learn how to do this.

I think your friend will really appreciate your hard work that you put into this. Not everyone can knit these.

5 Likes

Yah, no problem, Thanks! I’m hoping to post it here once I’m done. I am guilty of leaving a projects on needles and then starting a new one. I’m planning…I’m hoping to work on this all the way through :slight_smile: I can do this, I know I can…I hope lol

6 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr and thanks for much for sharing!

It’s really nice to meet you and somehow your photo makes me feel calm and at ease. Maybe the colors? I’m sure it’ll turn out great!

5 Likes

Haha I completely understand! I believe in you as well!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

this really is a fairly easy pattern, top down so no sewing. i put markers in for the yoke increases and for the garter stitch design on the sleeves so i don’t forget about them. i think you would like it.

4 Likes

Hi @KandysAtHome , I’m new here too.:blush: Recently I’ve finished a couple of tiny pumpkins from @rollingyarn pattern and two ruffle scarves. I hope your knit skirt comes out great.:+1:

7 Likes

Hi just started here today. Wanted to know more about knitting. Wishing you a good day everyday ^^ Enjoy the process/progress :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Would like to see the finish product of this! I’m rooting for you! God bless to all!

7 Likes

That looks like it is going to be very pretty. I love that color.

5 Likes

Hey @KandysAtHome, how did your skirt go?
I am new and just felt like I could relay to your text. I hope you took another project to match with the skirt :eyes:
I mainly knit socks :see_no_evil:

4 Likes