Story time! How the bus driver thought me and my baba were married/dating

Story time! So a couple of months ago my baba(31m) my little sister (5f) and me (13f) had to go on pubic transport to get to my brothers school to pick him up from a field trip. My mom (38f) had dropped him off and then went to work. We only have one car and my baba doesn’t have a drivers license yet. In our town (idk if it’s every where or not) they charge 1 dollar for anyone under 18 and some bus drivers don’t charge for younger kids unlike 5-ish. We got our prepaid tickets and are boarding on the bus when the bus driver charges me 2 dollars. I was confused as I put my card in and there was still a dollar left that needed to be paid. I asked the bus driver why I was charged 2 dollars and he said “How old are you?” I replied with “I’m 13!” (Not in a rude tone but just like confused). My baba used his card and then the bus driver didn’t charge him. I shrugged it off and sat down with my sister and baba. A few minutes later I stared to chuckle and my baba was confused. I told him “ I think he (the bus driver thought I was your wife!” I stared chuckling more and my baba cover is face in embarrassment. With my sister being 5 it did look like we where a family. Anywhos the reason I’m telling this story is because I’m going on the bus today to ride home with my baba so I hope that it won’t happen again :face_with_spiral_eyes:

23 Likes

Omg okay, something similar happens to me at the masjid. I mean well they don’t think my baba is my husband but they think I’m married and a mom whenever I carry my 2-year-old brother or 6-month-old sister :sob: . And I find that so annoying :scream: :sob:

9 Likes

HELP SAME (my sister is 5 and everyone say i look way older than i am)

7 Likes

were twinning :sob: :people_hugging: :sob:

5 Likes

Fr pookie :pensive:

6 Likes

gasp could it be another person who types their emojis!?

6 Likes

IT WOULDNT LET ME DOO ITTT :sob:

5 Likes

Lol this is hilarious. Anytime I go out with my older sister everyone assumes she’s the mom because we’re a brown family.

5 Likes

lolll that is so funny

4 Likes

Me ( 47f) and my husband (30m) went out to eat once and the waitress thought he was me son. We look the same age. Lol

3 Likes

THAT HAPPENED TO MY BABA W THE OTHER DAY IM DEAD :sob:

2 Likes