Stress Relivers!

What are some of ya’lls best stress relievers? cuz i need some ideas cuz…life is stressful :sweat_smile:.

14 Likes

Mine are petting my dogs and cats, chatting with people on the internet, crocheting, and going for walks/getting fresh air!

3 Likes

Aweosme! I think ill start doing walks then cuz that does sound nice :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

listening to music/calming ones and drinking cold water taking deep breaths and sitting down/laying down on the sidewalk and l and staring into the sky

3 Likes

that sounds so peacful im going to unplug for tonight and do just that :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face:thank you

2 Likes

js sitting down and thinking loll it’s pretty calming

3 Likes

i crochet, listen to music, or text my “gf” and ask if i can rant rq

2 Likes

:musical_score: music
:ocean: baths or showers (whichever is your thing)- the water is grounding
:sunny: being outside and just kind of observing things… appreciating good weather, pretty flowers, shade from the trees. - being outside is grounding and showing gratitude for things helps to refocus your mind on good things.
:art: Art
:yarn: crocheting helps me empty my mind and relax
:pizza::tv: some good food and relaxing is great, too
:video_game: I also love video games

3 Likes

I’m gonna sound basic but… Crocheting xD

1 Like
  1. Go for a walk with your dog, play fetch or whatever it is that they like to do. (That’s good for both of you!)
    2)Play music as loud as you are allowed and get up and dance, sing, scream, and laugh!
    *This one is going to sound stupid but it works!
  2. Stand up, bend over like you are going to touch your toes, let your arms and head dangle and then wiggle your body all over until you about fall over. One of the main keys is to let your arms go limp and stay limp, swinging freely. This allows the muscles and tension relax. Raise up slowly and slowly shake yourself back into position. Shake your arms back into position also.
2 Likes

Same here! It drives my family crazy!

2 Likes

:yarn: crocheting
:memo: doodling and writing. I have this big ‘book of ideas’ where i just doodle and write anything that comes to mind, it work fo rme and when I look over it like a month later I have a bunch of cool ideas I can use for stories, paintings, etc!
:walking_woman:walking outside in the fresh air
:tv: watching Young Sheldon (or any TV show you enjoy)
:pizza: I LOVE to make my own pizza, and I think its so stress-reliving to make my own pizza dough! You can also cook something else, Pizza is just whayt I like to do!

3 Likes

music
video games
sports
my cats
drawing

1 Like

Some tools I’ve picked up along the way :two_hearts:

*Meditation
*Breath work ( inhale deep into lungs through nose to fill diaphragm hold for 8 seconds then exhale through mouth slowly)

• hot bath or foot soak with Epsom salts
    These work well for keeping the body out of the fight or flight mode.
  • You can also look into
    Foods that help lower your cortisol production
    Which puts the body into a stressing state.
    :pray:t2:
3 Likes

I do #2 sometimes, it’s amazing how when I first bend over my hands are like at my knees, then as my body relaxes, I can easily touch my toes

2 Likes

i tried a lot of what you said it helped so much ty! :heart:

i did the breathing when i had an anxiety attack this week it helped me so much thank you :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

i like to do diamond art paintings

i like to look at the stars and listen to music. sometimes the right song and the stars puts everything at oeace, even for just a few minutes

For me I like to sit or walk outside and just be outside alone, and crocheting helps, although it can be stressful lol :laughing: