Struggling to buy patterns :|

I have no credit/debit card (only normal EC/banking card). I am 18 so I got access to all common payment methods. I want to buy some cute patterns realll badly.

Is there any other payment method than a credit/debit card on Ribblr? Please, help me out, I’m so frustrated! :sob:

7 Likes

Hi there and welcome to Ribblr!
We integrate with Stripe for checkout, and most cards are accepted.
If you use an Android device you can also pay using Google Pay via the chrome browser, or Apple Pay via the Ribblr app/Safari if you use iOS.

7 Likes

Isn’t a banking card the same as debit?

8 Likes

@lenyokun if you live in the US just get a checking account with a debit card, I’m not a big credit card person, I use my checking account debit card, it works fine on here ;).

8 Likes

I think you helped me find my problem. I live in Germany and I think my Debit Card isn’t the same required here, as the card number is missing 2 numbers aswell. I think I will book an appointment with my bank and discuss international options with them, as I think the problem is my card… Thank you guys and wish me luck :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Hola
I think that is a great idea, the bank should be able to help you out to change the type of card.
In the mean time if you want to start a project, check out my shop, Letodolls. If you like one of my dolls I would be happy to gift one to you, I leave in the US but I am from Spain so I do not mind to help a young crocheter and a fellow European :wink:
Good luck.
Hasta pronto
María

16 Likes

That’s so nice of you Maria! European power :eu:

5 Likes

You bet!! :es: :eu: :us: :wink:

7 Likes

I use blogs that I subscribe to for free and some I just follow on the internet that have tips and patterns that are free to down load. Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Cash app

7 Likes

I have a problem with checking out but it’s not like this. Some patterns will take my card just fine, but certain patterns will not. I will try to buy a pattern that’s like 2 dollars with 50 dollars on my card but it’ll say it’s declined. What’s up with that?

4 Likes

Which card are you using? and which pattern isn’t working? We’ll try to fix this for you ASAP :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Its just a normal Visa Debit card and im trying to buy the ACNH crochet bucket bag pattern. It just doesnt work on some patterns but it works fine for others

3 Likes

If you send me exactly which patterns you want. I’ll gift one to you.

@gollygosh

5 Likes

Can you please send us a link? It might be an issue with that particular shop. Have you bought from there before?

3 Likes

Animal Crossing Inspired Bucket: Crochet pattern | Ribblr?
i’ve had the same issue with other shops, and no i’ve not bought from them before

4 Likes

@gollygosh

Hey! Check your patterns, animal crossing bag should be in your patterns.

6 Likes

omg thank you!

5 Likes

I’ve had the same issue as @gollygosh multiple times, like from different shops/patterns

It didn’t really depend on price I think, since all were different price ranges and it also worked for other pattern with same price ranges

Probably is due to my card since I still don’t really have a debit card (tried to get one but my bank doesn’t allow it/I don’t meet the requirements) I still use my iDEAL card (Netherlands bank system thingy) but through apple pay it works sometimes

I’m not sure if this info was helpful or not but just in case @Ribblr

3 Likes

I think it does depend on where the money is going.
At least as it seems that way.

2 Likes