suggestion for ribblr (: Advance beginner

Hello,
I think that there should be an option to mark your patterns as “advanced beginner”, because alot of patterns aren’t intermediate but aren’t beginner :)) I know that some other people want this option too!

20 Likes

Yes, I totally agree!

6 Likes

I agree too.

4 Likes

People define the terms differently. It may even vary from country to country.

The craft yarn Council definitions are not universal.

https://www.craftyarncouncil.com/standards/project-levels

Sounds like Ribblr would have to put a lot of effort in how it defines these terms and make sure that all the members are “on the same page” before they would be able to implement this.

7 Likes

(no way do I mean this to come for as rude or anything <3)
But most people know what advanced beginner is, at least people on this site. It’s a fairly well known term that I think should be implemented :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks for suggesting! We have had several similar suggestions and right now there is concrete plan to change the 3 level system.

This is mostly due to it becoming a more complex process for both designers and crafters both for existing and new patterns.
Instead, we recommend using the pattern intro to explain more if you are convinced your pattern isn’t quite fitting those levels.

Keep in mind crafters can see skill level on Ribblr as well as a full list of abbreviations, and even see what those abbreviations are.

6 Likes

This explains everything, thanks!

6 Likes

I’ve crocheted over 50 years so I “might” define those levels differently than most

Also as I am in the US, UK crocheters might define them differently as well.

8 Likes

I have over 50 yrs and it is best that you let testers know it is going to be a bit difficult then others. Or different ways of wording what kind of pattern. I have seen patterns that says which group is. Different parts of the world is a bit different than the US yet it is still a universe skill.

2 Likes