Suggestion- zones and spaces

@Ribblr
I feel like it might be helpful if we had testing zone and pattern drop categories.
I would love to see more participation in the community from artists in all the crafts, but being honest, itā€™s dominated by amigurumi. Not that there is anything wrong with amigurumi, but I know that I found it to be a slight deterrent when I first joined. If testing calls could be separated into the different arts, and pattern drops got their own space, it may make sifting easier.

11 Likes

Interesting idea! :bulb: @Ribblr Any thoughts?

3 Likes

thays a really cool idea! do you mean there could be a section for crochet knitting sewing etc or broken down like jumpers, accessories, amigurumi, etc? :heartpulse:

2 Likes

When you post, the little box where you pick the space (testing zone, general, help and support, etc) would be ā€œtest crochetā€ ā€œtest amigurumiā€ "test knitting " then the tags could say the hat, scarf, sock part. So I could click on the search and look for testing calls for knitted hats or crochet sweaters, or amigurumi.
And maybe a separate space for pattern drops with a picture so that you can just look up ā€œpattern dropā€ and scroll through pictures for the newest items.
And I whole heartedly feel that amigurumi and crochet should be separated. There is an absolute difference.

4 Likes

Thanks for your input!
We arenā€™t currently planning on separating spaces this way, as this is exactly what tags are for.
We do agree there should be better use of tags, and we all as a community should make efforts to help one another tag properly.

If you feel some tags are missing do let us know!

3 Likes

i agree!!! not all crocheters like amigurumi and not all people who make amigurumi like regular crochet :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes