suggestion

I’ve seen where someone can take two different topics here in the community and merge them together. Can you add that option in a topic for the comments? Sometimes I add too many answers … and then edit the first comment to contain it all, but my deleted comments still show up so it’s really not helpful.

8 Likes

I was wondering that too!

6 Likes

I guess I’m not sure what you mean by that, hahaha

4 Likes

:slight_smile:

I want two comments to merge into one, without leaving the blank one that says it has been deleted.

Like this.

5 Likes

Oh ok

3 Likes

There isn’t a way to merge comments. In general we don’t advocate for deleting comments. For a healthy discussion we recommend either replying to one post at a time (directly replying to it using the reply button) or reply to the main post and tag the appropriate people, quoting the post you are referring to. (see above)

By the way, if you reply to someone directly it would show their profile picture when you type in your reply →
Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 23.43.43

4 Likes

How did you do that?

3 Likes

That just naturally shows as you type in your reply, at the top of the box as an indication for you. Hope this image makes it clearer!

4 Likes

Yep, I see that as I type.
But, it doesn’t stay in the comment.

3 Likes

@HookedByMarilyn it stays in the comment as long as it is not directly under that comment. For example you wont see it now, but if the person after me replies to you then you would see it!

5 Likes

I’ve got it! Thanks for all your help.

4 Likes

anytime! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes