Tester call for Crochet: Billie Jean Redux Bag

I need testers for my Billie Jean Redux Bag - Crochet ePattern
Due Date: June 30, 2024
Additional Requirements:
I have some doubts that there will be interest in this pattern test because you will need to DIY your own denim “yarn”, but here goes nothing. It is outside some comfort zones but I know there must be some brave, adventurous souls that may just want to take a stab at it and help save the planet by up-cycling jeans or anything denim. I give hints, pointers and added videos to help along the way. I only request that you do not ask to substitute denim for another yarn.

approx 80 yds of DIY denim “yarn”
M-13/9 mm crochet hook
sts used; ch, sc, sl st
The chain strap and trigger spring O rings are optional.
Photo if finished bag in a public journal is required, progress photos are optional.

Click pattern photo to apply:
Billie Jean Redux Bag

24 Likes

That’s so Beautiful!!!

2 Likes

amazingg

I’m always game for a new adventure! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Hi, how is testing going? You are the only brave soul that applied. If this pattern proved to be more than you can do, just let me know, no hard feelings.
Sandi

4 Likes

This bag looks amazing, I would love to test this pattern with normal yarn, but if using DIY denim yarn is required I have to opt-out

1 Like

Thanks, I was hoping that I could get more interest in the DIY denim yarn part because it really is fun, not that hard and I’m all for repurposing and giving new life to fabrics that otherwise end up in a landfill. So it is kind of a bummer for me but if you want to try with a really chunky yarn, the pattern will work. Submit your testing request and I am going to extend the due date a few more days.
Sandi

2 Likes

Thanks for uderstanding, I totally get why you want to use fabric in this way! I buy a lot of my yarn second hand for those reasons. I think making a chunky yarn from yarn leftover from other projects would keep the spirit of your original idea

1 Like

I just snagged 4 pair of my husbands “bearishly handsome” jeans. Gotta ALOT, but. Ow for a brief rest, I can crochet…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.