Tester call for Crochet: No Sew Hippo

I need testers for my No Sew Hippo - Crochet ePattern
Click pattern photo to apply:

Hi guys I need testers for my no sew hippo pattern. The due date is January 7th and tester will either be selected today or tomorrow. The tester must summit a photo of the finished product as well as feed back. There are no yarn requirements.

26 Likes

Is it just me or does this look very similar to Cheebis cuties pattern…?

9 Likes

That’s what I thought

8 Likes

Aw this is so cute!

6 Likes

its so cute!

6 Likes

A little too similar… almost like it’s the same.?

5 Likes

Cute.

5 Likes

The face and proportions look different, its a pretty standard hippo shape ive seen before, i feel like its coincidence

Its inevitable that some patterns will look similar, especially when making the same animal. Here are some similar ones i found, i doubt they copied each other, also even kinder wafers in a similar shape lol

7 Likes

I understand your point. But it you look closely, the feet are bigger in proportion and there are fewer rows.

I’ve noticed this phenomenon a lot on Ribblr. Someone makes a cat thing. Next thing you know everyone is making a cat thing. And there is only so much you can do to make a shape. It’s inevitable that there will be similarity.

Ask yourself, how many spheres/balls are in Ribblr. I can guarantee the patterns are nearly identical.

This is not to say that I don’t appreciate Ribblers that look out for each other. That is one of the best parts of this community!

8 Likes

Ahhh the Happy Hippo Kinder treats…I haven’t had those in forever

4 Likes

Thank you guys for the concern. I do understand that my hippo pattern does look very similar to others, but I can assure you that I only got inspired by these other patterns, and that I did not steal, or republish a pattern.

8 Likes

Will this be a paid pattern once the testing is done? I want to test but I am already testing another pattern and I feel that the due date for it is a bit to close for me.

I could try to test it for you.

2 Likes

Ok, I changed that due date to the 7 th so that people could have more time

5 Likes

Thanks! I clicked the image to be a tester.

3 Likes

Sounds good

4 Likes

it’s also incredibly similar to mine, which was released long before DasChubba’s. I’m not trying to throw punches here, but just wanted to point it out.

3 Likes

Oh sorry didn’t mean to copy anybody’s I just was inspired.

5 Likes

I’ve seen lots of hippo patterns they all look kind of similar to the original but I don’t think she copying daschubba or bubblzcrochet. Here is the original

4 Likes

I also agree with what @gizmo705ok because lot of people make things that may look similar to other however there is a problem when someone is fully copying someone else’s work but I don’t think this is like that. Good luck with the testing!

3 Likes

will it be a paid pattern?? just curious haha

2 Likes