Tester call for Crochet pattern: Dre Jumper (Chunky, Quick, Unisex Sweater!)

I need some testers to retest the Dre jumper! I have a made to measure version out, but I would like to test the graded sizing to see if it still holds up. The sizing is about 1 letter size oversized (i.e. the L fits an XL truly). I would love for testers to choose their size to make sure that sizing is accurate (rather than choosing a size too big). The sweater is gender neutral and has direction to make it cropped or full length but for the test, I would prefer you do full length to make sure it also is long enough. There are two neck options as well: a crew neck and a turtle neck!
This is a very quick pattern because it is chunky so it works up very fast (and I mean it when I say it as I am an impatient crocheter!). I would love for the testing time to be about 4 weeks to give feed back, and another few days for photos, so I can get the updated version out mid november, but truly, this will be a laid back testing since it is a retest and I just want to double check everything.

For materials you will need a bulky yarn and an 8mm and 7mm hook (although double check the gauge because mine tends to be loose.)

Gauge: 7mm hook: 15 sts sc blo x 13 rows = 4.5” (12 cm)
8mm hook: 11 sts hdc x 8 rows = 4.5” (12 cm)

Yarn: Weight 5, Bulky
Suggested: Hobbii Amigo Chunky Yarn , Loops & Threads Charisma (both 100 g, 109 yds)
(For stripe, you will need about 1/8th of that color compared to the primary color.)
Yardage (Approx):
XS: 750 yds S: 800 yds M: 850 yds L: 900 yds
XL: 950 yds 2XL: 1000 yds 3XL: 1050 yds 4XL: 1100 yds 5XL: 1150 yds

For photos:
I would love some photos as well!
I would prefer one that is a flatlay (or hung, whichever as long as it’s the sweater) and one on you! Get creative! The only real requirements are that you use natural lighting and make sure you don’t have a messy or too busy of a background.

Tentative Deadlines:
11/12/22 for feedback
11/14/22 for photos
11/16/22 rerelease!

Thank you!

(the photo below is of a size L on a size S. I wish I had the photo on a true to size person, but the person I made this for is a bit camera shy!!)

36 Likes

Hii I’d love to test as well! I’d consider myself an advanced beginner! I’m probably about a size L and would choose the turtleneck option. I dont have the yarn in my stash but can easily get it asap! Thanks for your consideration!

3 Likes

I would love to be considered for testing this out and am able to get the approrpiate yarn quickly.

I believe I am an intermediate crocheter (also impatient :rofl:), and I think I would be an xl or 2xl; my normal size is sort of between a xl and 2xl depending on the garment, so I would probably decide definitively upon seeing the graded pattern, but my guess is I would opt for 2xl and the crew neck (though if you need more larger bodied people to test the turtle neck, I’m more than willing and could potentially make two sweaters in each style depending on how quickly it works up).

I currently don’t have an IG to showcase my previous garment pattern tests, but can provide photos of them if you would like. :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

hiiiiii if i had time (and enough wool XD) i would totally test this but unfortunately i cant but anyway good luck with testing!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m so sorry I have just realised that I don’t have enough yarn and I’m quite stressed at the moment but the instant your pattern comes out I would love to buy it I’m so so sorry again love your designs and YouTube channel :heart:

3 Likes

hi there! i would absolutely love to pattern test this for you! i wear a size M normally and i also have another friend of mine who wears size XL normally who would also be willing to test for you! we would both do the turtleneck option! thank you for considering us!

3 Likes

This sweater looks so comfy! I’m currently working on a cardigan and will have pictures posted to my crochet insta @/Danielle crochets and I would love to test this pattern next if possible! :relaxed:

3 Likes

hi id love to test this. im temperature intolerant due to a disability and desperately need a sweater for the colder days. im a size L and consider myself a intermediate to advanced crocheter.

3 Likes

Are you still looking for testers?

3 Likes

If you still need testers I would love to test for you I consider myself intermediate in crocheting and have been crocheting for a year if that’s anything I would like to test a size large if you would allow me to.

3 Likes

Very cute! Good luck with your test

3 Likes

I would love to test for you. I would make it for my teen who wears XS-S depending on the top, so I could make either of those. I am an intermediate-advance crocheter. :two_hearts: I am an XL and can make that size for myself too if you still need that, also.

3 Likes

Love your username! @Woolybooger

3 Likes

I would love to try being a tester for you… I am at beginner moving toward intermediate levels. I am a pretty quick learner and have a few size options. I am a 2X, my mom is a XL, my Uncle is a Large and my best Guy friend is probably about a Medium… so I could test whichever size works best for you. Let me know if I can help. ~Jess~

3 Likes

Hi! If you still need testers I would love to test for you. I consider myself intermediate-advanced in crocheting but I do unfortunately not have an Instagram to show of my work, but I could send pictures if you’d like.
I’m normally a size XS-S, however if you need a different size and/or one made for men, I have a lot of friends who would appreciate such a jumper, so I could make it for them!

3 Likes

Hi! Such a cute pattern! I would love to test if you’re still looking for testers. I’m a 2X/3X so could test the 3X or 4X size. Loops and Threads Charisma is one of my favorite yarns and I have plenty in my stash. My insta is @crochetbymichellej

3 Likes

Hi! If you need testers I’m in! I’m usually a medium and would probably do crewneck.

3 Likes

@FullTimeFlake

3 Likes

Hello! I’d like to be considered as a tester, i literally have nothing else to do for now! I am size L so i would be going for a size XL and the turtleneck option​:grin:

3 Likes

I would love test! True to size, i’d most likely be a size S​:blush:

3 Likes