Tester call for Crochet pattern: Hill of Tara Hat

I need testers for my Hill of Tara Hat - Crochet ePattern

Would you like to test this hat? It is an easy, beginer friendly pattern, and provides a fun take on a simple beanie.
I love the look of the Pom Pom on a hat, but hate adding polyester puffs to the environment, and find winding Pom Pom makers boring, so this beanie is just made a bit taller and tied at the top, to have its own integrated puff.
I’m looking for testers of any experience level - pattern suitable for those starting out as well as experienced crocheters.

Sizes are small child, large child, small, medium and large adult.

Many thanks,
Ciara

9 Likes

Hi when is the deadline date please. Yarnused

3 Likes

Flexible, but ideally by 18th November.

4 Likes

Also, sorry, missed the bit where you were asking about yarn. Any Aran weight yarn will work, I used a merino wool in my samples.

3 Likes

Id like to test yiur pattern

3 Likes

Any special stitches?, gauge hooks .thankyou if you could let me know .love your hst though

3 Likes

Hello @TheFairythorn may I ask if this is going to be published in Ribblr?

2 Likes

Hi, yes, I wrote the pattern here, and plan on bullish if it here, and on my website

4 Likes

Oh goody! I’m pleased to hear that!

2 Likes

I would love to test this if youre still looking!

3 Likes

Thank you! I have added you to the three patterns, please let me know which ones you plan on doing, in which size when you get the chance.

3 Likes

Hi Helga, I have added you as a tester to the patterns. Please just let me know which parts you want to do, in which sizes. Many thanks, Ciara

4 Likes

Hi there ive decided ill do the medium size adult. Now do i do all the patterns? Hat, mittens and neckwarmer??

4 Likes

Im gonna do large child for mittens and hat. I will do large adult for neck wear.

4 Likes

No, just the part you want, I simply made of three parts available to every tester as I couldn’t remember who wanted to do which. Sorry if that caused confusion

4 Likes

Hi Luciecoates,
Are you still interested in taking part in this test? Let me know if you want to stay assigned as a tester, and if you have been having any issues with messages,
Thanks

3 Likes

I am yes, sorry. Its been a bit chaotic over here. I tried to do your hat several times, but i kept ending up with the wrong stitch count, so will try your neck warmer today. Sorry again!

4 Likes

Nothing to be sorry for, just worried as some testers couldn’t contact me when they tried, so I wanted to check you were doing OK.

If your stitch count is going wrong, you are probably loosing a stitch on the first or last stitch of each row. We’re you ending up with too many, or too few?
Using a stitch marker in the first and last stitch can be helpful. You can send me a photo if you like, I can look and see if I can spot the source of any problems

2 Likes