Tester call for Crochet: Trans Pride Shark

Hello awesome folks!
I need testers for my Trans Pride Shark - Crochet ePattern. This is an intermediate pattern with colour work blocks. I’d appreciate any and all feedback on how to make this pattern as simple and easy to use as possible.

The BLAHAJ is about celebrating Trans Joy - 50% of profits will be donated directly to skippingstone.ca and the other 50% to sponsoring local trans youth gender affirming healthcare and gear.

I’ve been crocheting for five years but this is my first shared pattern. Making this pattern took me two months and three tries to get the colour work and increases to work together. It was a labour of love, designed especially to bring joy to the very special trans loved ones in my life. I want to share that trans Joy with all of you from this proud mama.

Due Date: June 1, 2024 (for Pride month)

Additional Requirements: Photos of your project and a pattern review (after any revisions needed to be as awesome as possible :blush:) Ideally part of the Trans or 2SLGBTQ+ community. Experience making amigurumi appreciated but not required.

Click pattern photo to apply:
Trans Pride Shark

41 Likes

cuteee

4 Likes

hey i’m trans (:

3 Likes

Im trans but dont have the colorrrrsssss (sobs)

5 Likes

I have the xolors and all but im too scared because my only safty eyes are a bit odd and, kawii?..

5 Likes

OMG ITS SO CUTE​:heart:I’d LOVE to test how big do you think it’ll be?

2 Likes

I would love to test this!! Id use acrylic and im doing a market in june for pride!! Id give you crsit for the design!!

4 Likes

Good luck on your testing! You’ll also want to include any yarn/color/hook requirements you may have.

4 Likes

I included a pattern for crochet eyes inside :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve offered to test I think it’s a lovely pattern

1 Like

really cute!

1 Like

I’d love to test this lil guy!!

I would say I’m an intermediate skill level in crocheting, and I would use 10.5oz/300g baby blue and peach from sweet&snuggles, along with a white from Bernal baby blanket, same weight. I would use a 5.75mm hook

Also am trans myself and will add him to my special wall of trans sacrifices to our almighty ikea mascot (:

4 Likes

I would love to make this plushie. I’m nonbinary and bi and if that’s an optional i would love to make this shark with bi colors. If not i can do it with trans colors

3 Likes

My partner is trans, I’m pan :smiling_face:

1 Like

I applied, I just wanted to double check if exact colors were required? I dont think I have the exact shades but i can try to get them if needed. Also I was thinking either making a plushie style so he would be bigger or a smaller one with like size 2 yarn. Would either of those be ok?

as a trans crocheter with adhd (and possibly autism) who loves sharks, this is my moment lol

2 Likes

Have testers been chosen? I don’t know if I should keep checking this topic

Hi! Lesbian here, I would love to test this and give it to my trans friend who happens to love blahaj. I also love that you are donating the profits! 🩵🩷:white_heart:🩷🩵:transgender_flag:

Omg this is glorious :sob::sob:

1 Like

i would love to help out fellow lgbt people and test this (if you would like to see my work check out @created_by_sloth on instagram)

1 Like