Tester Call for my Crochet Bikini Top! 👙

Hello Ribblr!!! I am here to announce a tester call for my latest pattern, a crochet bikini top. The pattern comes in 4 set sizes, small, medium, large, and extra large as well as detailed instructions on creating one with custom sizing.

Testers will be chosen as they come in, this call will be officially closed on June 10th.

The due date is 10 days after you apply for testing. I’ll be keeping an Excel chart of all the dates and stuff and reminders will be provided if you would like.

Application requirements:

1. Be able to finish it within the due date.
  2. Post a journal with detailed feedback and at least one photo.
  3. Comment on this post with a rough estimate of what yarn you’ll be using. This pattern uses a worsted-weight yarn.
  4. Follow me on Ribblr

Optional but highly encouraged:

1. Follow me on Instagram (I’m trying to build my account right now, any help is appreciated)
  2. Be able to create a post about your pattern if you do have Instagram.
  3. Provide several photos of the finished product.

Ya’ll know the drill, click the photo to apply.

Crochet Summer Bikini Top

Sincerely, the one and only,
Z

33 Likes

oooh soo pretty!

6 Likes

Love to test this :heart_eyes:
I have a bamboo cotton worsted weight yarn that Ive had set aside for a top :blush:

Whats your Instagram so i can follow you (even if you dont choose me :blush: )

6 Likes

It’s cute. To be honest I have no one to wear it

5 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Ooo Bamboo fancy. My username is side.quests_ on Instagram, thank you!
P.S. There’s a high chance you’ll be chosen :+1:

3 Likes

If I’m being honest…same even though I made it lol :sweat_smile::joy::sob:

3 Likes

I wish I could! Will you be making more top patterns? Specifically full length ones?

2 Likes

Yes! I usually stick with amigurumi, however, I think I’ll probably be making some more tops as it seems people are interested and, quite frankly, it’s nice to be able to make my own clothing. Personally, I’d still apply for call, I included some options on how to make it longer as I too don’t always love crop tops :wink:

1 Like

Will the back be open?

1 Like

Gatcha added :heart:
And btw you rock the top, super cute :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, the back is semi-open. It is like a corset that way you can tighten or loosen it to your needs. Depending on your preferences, you can make the gap smaller.

1 Like

Thank you! Bikinis aren’t usually my thing so being able to make one that I am comfortable in while still not looking like a toddler was amazing.

2 Likes

Okay. I don’t think i’m going to apply still since i’m slow to make things (especially when I have to follow patterns) but it’s super cute! I’ll probably make it when it comes out though!

Sounds good! I totally get that, sometimes when I’m reading patterns my brain just goes blank and it becomes a little hectic. I’ll hopefully be releasing the pattern June 20th or around that time, it probably won’t be a free pattern though.

1 Like

How much yarn does it take ?(In grams, it’s quite big) I have a cotton yarn but I’m not sure if I have enough!

1 Like

This depends on what size top you are making. Mine is roughly a small (it’s personalized to my own sizing so I’m estimating here) and probably took 75-100 grams give or take. Hope that helps!

1 Like

would love to test! i can definately do the largest size. :two_hearts:

Okay! Could I make a medium??

1 Like

Of course! There are also instructions to make custom sizing!!!

2 Likes