Testing Issue

I’ve been doing alot of testing lately and even the tests that I’ve finished are still listed in my “Testing” patterns. The ones I haven’t done are getting lost in the midst of all the completed ones. Is there a way to remove or archive the ones that I’ve already finished or do I have to remove myself as a tester to get them out of the Testing section?

11 Likes

The designer of the pattern has something they can do to gift you the pattern and that is how you get Karma points. If you remove the test yourself, you won’t get Karma

6 Likes

Message the designer/creator of the pattern to remove you when you finish!

6 Likes

I finished one recently and never got it or heard from the pattern maker. It just disappeared :thinking:

5 Likes

That’s what I was afraid of. I wish they would follow thru after we test. There should be an automatic or default way of having this happen. I have 9 (9!!) completed, journaled and even added pics to the original thread and they’re still just hanging out in my “Testing”

8 Likes

That’s aggravating

3 Likes

You can remove yourself from the pattern by using the top left button on the photo of the test, however designers sometimes wait to gift and remove a tester when they publish the pattern so that could be the reason, you can always message the designer to see the reason for the delay since karma is related to this its best to contact them first as removing yourself from the pattern won’t give you karma which as long as you completed the test within the deadline they should be gifting and removing you to prove you completed the test. Another reason for delay is they’re waiting for all the testers to finish so they can gift and remove at the the same time and not accidentally remove someone who isn’t done :smile:

4 Likes

Makes sense. I still wish there was a way that it was automatic once the completed test was “submitted” (for lack of a better term)

2 Likes

It would work just the same as removing yourself now. The designer has to confirm you have completed or anyone could sign up to as many tester calls as the like,mark as done and confuse the system awarding them karma they didn’t earn. It is frustrating waiting for others but its worth messaging the designer in case they aren’t up on the karma stuff. I used to leave my testers in testing until they removed themselves because my patterns were releasing free so they could choose to get officially themselves and remove themselves from the test. I haven’t done another test since karma was added so it could be some of your designers are in old habits too.

2 Likes

i have some that havent removed until closer to the release date. What I did was just wait and closer to the relese date messaged the pattern writer and said “hey thanks for letting me test, pics and stuff are in journal if ya need anything else, let me know.” just a kinda reminder to them in case they got busy or something. i mean I usually message them right when I finish too, so I usually preface the closer to the date one with, I cant remember if I wrote to you or not so I dont sound pushy :rofl:

2 Likes

Great idea! Thanks everyone

1 Like

Its weird how this karma stuff works out. I completed a test, journaled, designer gifted me the pattern and its in my library but karma point didnt show up. I manually removed myself today so it wouldnt still be in my testing section.

I had this happen too

1 Like

Omg i hope that wasnt me!

1 Like

I’ve had this happen quite a couple times, usually I just wait until like 2 weeks after the due date and then send them a message. All the designers I’ve reached out to have been super sweet about it! Although I tested a pattern almost a month ago, and multiple people have reached out to the designer and we’ve received no communication :confused:

No it wasn’t you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay good! That was my first time having testers and wanted to make sure everyone got their points!

2 Likes

Of course! I had no problem with anything! You pushed it through really fast :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes