*CLOSED* Testing needed for Bookmark pattern!

NOTE: No more testers needed
I am looking for testers for my pattern, Winding Road Cabled Bookmark.
Intermediate level knitting pattern. It measures approximately 7 inches long, using worsted weight or aran weight yarn, and US size 5 needles. I want about 2/3 testers. I would appreciate it being finished by the 17th but later is fine.

Thank you!

7 Likes

I’d be happy to test for you!

2 Likes

Awesome, I will gift you the pattern right now. Thank you!

1 Like

Happy to be a tester :relaxed:

2 Likes

Rows 4 and 5 are written twice. I believe that row 4 should be repeat row 2 and row 5 should be repeat row 1. Otherwise, you should replace the second rows 4 and 5 with rows 6 and 7, and alternate whether it’s repeating row 1 or row 2. Cute bookmark either way!
It also might be helpful if you mark rows as Right Side (RS) or Wrong Side (WS).

1 Like

Ok, I will look at that, Thank you!

Edit: I changed it to write out whether it was repeating row 1 or 2.

3 Likes

I gifted you the pattern :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’d be happy to test for you

1 Like

Gifted you the pattern :slight_smile: Thank you

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, how do I find that?

1 Like

I’m not sure, I’ve never been gifted a pattern. @DeeDee or @thisCoderKnitsToo where did the pattern go for you?

1 Like

@AvocadoT I found it in my patterns, knitted it and made the journal entry, I hope you can see it. Thanks for letting me test for you :blush:

2 Likes

Yep, check My Patterns! It’s in the left sidebar on a phone browser.
I’ve finished my bookmark and will add measurements & notes in a bit.

2 Likes

It looks great! Other then what you already posted, did you find any problems?

1 Like

Thank you! Did you find any problems? (Also, I can’t see any journals until I make the pattern public, so would you mind posting a picture here?)

1 Like

Two spelling/grammar/clarification things:
Under measurements, inches instead of “ches”
Under tools, US Size 5 needles (to differentiate from mm sizing)

Otherwise all good! I had a great time knitting this bookmark, it was super quick and I expect to get a lot of use out of it. Thanks for having me test.

1 Like

I fixed both of those. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I found it an easy pattern, once I could see the repeats in my head. I can understand why you wrote it to repeat from R2, after the cable twist, but initially found it rather confusing.
Haven’t blocked it yet. Would it not work up flatter with even a size 4 needle and fingering yarn ?

2 Likes

I’m still learning how the app works, I didn’t know that you can’t see the journal.
The dimensions are 18 x 4,5 cm, 7 grams of some worsted wool I had. I knit it on 5 mm needles in less than an our. I think this is a great pattern for someone who wants to learn cables.

3 Likes

Thank you! Yeah, it probably would, and I may try that in the future, but its been working out okay for me, And I don’t currently have any fingering yarn, haha.

1 Like