Testing patterns and the Tester is unresponsive

I enjoy testing patterns but lately I have gotten a few where the pattern is really off and I let the Tester know and wait days for a response. How long would you wait until you abort a test?

13 Likes

Hmmm i dont usually abort a tester pattern, only when the creator doesn’t gift me the pattern and k need to make space in my testing tab

4 Likes

They may be having issues with technology, or something else, so you could try to give it a little while as long as the pattern in your testing tab doesn’t bother you. (I get sorta jittery since I work best with checklists, ‘gotta get it done!’ Sort of mindset :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

I haven’t esperienced a designer that was unresponsive yet. When I just hosted my first tester call, I removed testers who were unresponsive on the due date. There was one person who said they were almost done but then didn’t post any pictures (which was one of my requirements) even after a few days and multiple reminders.

Honestly, if you are talking about removing it from your testing tab, I would base it on how much you like the pattern. If you really like it, keep it! Maybe you can make it again later! If you don’t like it/want to make it again, delete it. There’s no point in keeping it!

I hope I didn’t ramble too much and maybe this can help​:yellow_heart:

2 Likes

yea I know people get busy and stuff but if you dont have time to answer questions on a pattern you are testing maybe wait to test it. There was one I tried to test and had less then a week due date. The tester was gone for over 4 days.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, I’ve had two patterns that I tested for where the designer never got back to me over a month - way passed what they originally said their due date was. So that left me with a finished project, but I went ahead and canceled being a tester so it would no longer show up in my testing tab :confused:

2 Likes

my problem is the pattern is so poorly written cant even make sense of it. So I send them a message in the group chat and no answer for several days. I know when testing a pattern there are mistakes and counts off but when you cant even figure out what is going on.

4 Likes

Sometimes I think there are AI generated patterns! There was a trend a while ago, where people would ask AI to generate a pattern for them and they would make it and so it’s totally possible! I don’t think you’re crazy at all!

2 Likes

That really sucks​:sob: In your defense, you tried. If the designer blocks you, (you can do that now if you didn’t know) they don’t deserve your time. Maybe you can try another test with a different designer. If you want, I can try and remember to tag you in my next tester call that is hopefully coming out soon​:yellow_heart:

2 Likes

I would love to test for you. Only use acrylic yarn though have tired plush and dont like it. Guess you cant teach an old dog new tricks been crocheting 30+ years

2 Likes

LOL I’ve been plush resistant, too, but am starting to come around. Never say never, and that’s coming from another old dog. :wink: :dog:
I think if the designer hasn’t replied by the time the test due date has passed, feel free to abort. Designers have a responsibility to great good patterns and be responsive to people who are generous enough to donate their time and materials for testing. I try to be very responsive to my testers!

2 Likes

In the past, I have reported it to Ribblr and they remove it without it counting against you

2 Likes