Testing

Hi, Iโ€™m new here. How does pattern testing work (from a designers point of view). Do I just post my tester call in the testing zone? Thanks :slight_smile: #feedback-support #help

7 Likes

pretty much. if you go to the pattern you want to be tested, click on that little clip board in the bottom right corner. It helps with promoting your pattern to testers on the tester board. if you have any more questions, there should be an FAQ someone on the website about testing

7 Likes

Hi! I havent designed anything myself, but I test a lot.
Usually the designer makes a tester call in the testing zone. Having a picture and a due date helps a lot
Once people apply, you choose your victims, I mean, testers lol and send them the pattern
Usually designers create a chat with all the testers - open communication helps a lot while testing. This also helps in cases where someone might have the same question as other, etc
At the end many designers might choose to do a tester appreciation and/or gift the pattern to testers, but it is all up to the designer at this point
Hope this helps!

8 Likes

Hi,
You can find answers to all your questions here:

5 Likes

Thatโ€™s great. Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

Becca
x

5 Likes

Everyone does it differently. I like to make a game of it, but thatโ€™s just me. If you have the pattern written in the program, then yeah, you just decide what you need from your testers and make note of what they will need and post it.

5 Likes