The amount of RESPECT I have for thin yarn Crocheters!

This doll looks amazing! I can’t crochet with anything smaller than medium weight yarn
Haha
I seen the video on your channel :heart:

6 Likes

Omg it’s beautiful :heart: when I saw your YouTube video my jaw dropped to the floor lol, I don’t understand how some people can do this

6 Likes

I LOVE this! I like crocheting with thinner yarn, I recently started making small plants with embroidery floss and micro crochet hooks I got from my great grandma. I love the plants but the thread is so hard to crochet with. Especially when you go from acrylic to blanket, to velvet yarn then embroidery or even crochet thread :sob: the final products are cute but the yarn its self hurts my fingers.

6 Likes

You are most welcome. I am glad it helped. You have done an amazing job! As much as it felt a chore, I hope you are pleased with the final result! And well done for sticking with it to complete it.

I am currently working on table runner using crochet thread and a 0.75 mm hook. It is murder on my eyes and I feel crosseyed for awhile when I stop working on it lol. I had to change my hook a little, as it was causing me cramps as it is a thin metal hook. So I got some air drying clay and I built up the area where I hold the hook and took a ball of the clay, rolled it into a small but thick sausage shape, stuck the end of the hook into one end of the sausage and then I gripped the sausage/hook and held it the way I would to crochet. I did a little crochet flower with some scrap yarn, so the clay would get my grasp properly. Then I allowed the clay and hook the dry for 24 hours to be sure it was dry all the way through. It made a huge difference to prevent cramping as there do not seem to be lace hooks that are sold with a built up portion for an easier grip. So if your hook feels too small in your hand and still gives you cramps, that is an option to consider too. Just remember if you use fimo clay where it needs to be baked, it only works for metal hooks, but air dry clay works for all hook materials.

When I finish the table runner (I don’t know what I was thinking using crochet thread and wanting a 6.5 foot runner :woman_facepalming:t2:), I am going to put a few coats of gloss over the clay just to make it feel smooth and glossy. But as I work on the runner daily and need a few days to make sure each of the coats are dry before adding the next coat and before I can then use it.

5 Likes

Thanks! I think the thinnest I crocheted with was embroidery thread/floss lol (not separated) :rofl: I’ve even seen videos of people doing micro crochet now thats such a strange and foreign world to me lol :rofl::laughing:

4 Likes

this is gorgeous! you should feel really proud of yourself! i could never have the patience to even complete it… but huge kudos to you for being able to! thin yarn is so difficult if youre not used to it.
she looks stunning, and i’m sure whoever she goes off to will love her too!!
amazing job <33

5 Likes

I got a kit for crotcheting and it came with a 0.6mm hook ._.

3 Likes

cute! i agree haha im a weight 4 girlie :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Love this ! I follow you on Pinterest , i love your work!

3 Likes

So first, you did great on this
Second, isn’t it cool how each person has their preference/forté
I love working with fingering and sport. I hate working with bulky and bigger or anything smaller than crochet thread size 5.

3 Likes

It’s beautiful! You did an amazing job!

3 Likes

amazing! my hand literally ripped the thin yarn i was using before …

4 Likes