The promise of new yarn

I am taking a break from feet for a while and have started a massive six sweater project.
The plan is one sweater, in 3 versions, written up for both knit and crochet.
Of course this meant yarn shopping!
A pile of coupons, 3 stores, 2 hours, and one husband that is truly better than I deserve sometimes, and I am currently sitting in a semi-circle of glorious new yarn just waiting for me to perform magic.
There are few things more exciting than the promise held within a new ball of yarn.

24 Likes

Agreed! I have way more yarn than I know what to do with with and I have put some that I no longer wish to see in my stash in a box to ship away to a friend but those shipping costs are a bit prohibitive :sweat_smile:

That being said, I always get a rush of excitement when I so much as look at new yarn! Wishing you the best on your sweater! I have tons of WIPS that are begging me to finish them up but I can’t keep myself from starting new things! :rofl::disappointed_relieved:

7 Likes

I have always had a storage option for yarn and have always limited myself on how much yarn I can fit in it. So each ball has to have a project and I have to have room for it.

6 Likes

I envy your discipline! I have recently began to consolidate my stash and am hoping to do better!

5 Likes

Now that I moved in with my daughter and there’s no room AND yarn is in storage….I can always go shopping at my storage unit! :eyes:

8 Likes

That sounds super smart! I can just tell that would scratch an itch for me! :grin:

4 Likes

I have only ever knitted and crocheted for utilitarian purposes. I don’t make things I don’t have a need for. The only reason I currently have what I have is because I need pictures for the posts, then I donate the items to the library charity closet. That keeps the wips in line. And I’m also fast

6 Likes

I respect that, I craft as a way to manage stress and the like. I really enjoy that it’s something soothing/therapeutic for me and being able to produce something that can be used. I have only been working with yarn since quarantine and wouldn’t say I’m really fast. Donating to charity is awesome! The local yarn shop I work part-time at currently has a small box to add things for charity that I totally forgot about. I’m sure I can bust out some hats and scarves with yarn from my stash! Appreciate the idea!

5 Likes

We have a pretty awesome local library that has a clothes closet and a food pantry.
You can also use their sewing machines, and 3d printers (and possibly more, it’s been a while) they have a community garden plot for the food pantry, you can check out complete kits for hobbies like if you wanna try yoga or cake decorating, or wood burning. I can’t even list all the clubs, activities, and classes they hold each month.

7 Likes

That is one awesome library!!

6 Likes

Love that!

4 Likes

That is amazing and awesome!!!

2 Likes

Uuu i can’t wait to go yarn shopping next week
I have the money, the time, and the best bf in the world because of his patience and love lol
Now i just need to go, but it’s a gigantic commercial center which only sells stuff in bulk and it’s closed this week because of some holidays i forgot about lol

3 Likes

This week, it’s on sale at joanns, I think it’ll be on sale next week at hobby lobby
I used to know the rotation by heart

4 Likes

I’m not in america or some big country
We don’t have the basic stores we see from bigger places like Target or Aldi (ik this one is germany for sure and maybe usa), etc.
I’m not sure about walmart, we might have this one
But I’ll check actually

3 Likes

OMG WE HAVE HOBBY LOBBY WHY DIDNT I KNOW
Thank youuu
I might have a trip there

Nvm it’s in another city and i won’t ever go back there =))

3 Likes

Lol

4 Likes

Must have been a horrible experience if you’re not going back there.
But Hobby Lobby ships stuff in US, maybe for you too?

3 Likes

Not realy, it’s just really far with nothing to see
Except my father’s part of the family who forgot i exist =))))
And that’s where my bf also lived for a long time and he has some bad experiences there so yea never again =))
I also literally saw the entire city multiple times and there’s one thing i like which I’m not sure exists anymore: a restaurant on a ship on the Danube River, but there’s acces from the ground cuz that ship couldn’t move lol
I think i saw their website, but thank you! I’ll check if they have what I’m currently looking for and order it :purple_heart:

3 Likes