The Truth.....

So I was thinking whether or not I should make this but I feel I have been on Ribblr long enough to tell you. I’m so so grateful I found this place because it has become an escape for me. A place where I can escape from the real world and all of my problems. Every time I see or hear someone say something relatable, I don’t want to say “Oh I know how you feel” because then I’m just an attention seeker when I’m really trying not to be. Like when @DasChubba said in one of my post that she hates being smart because she just gets used, I know how she felt but I didn’t want to say that I’ve been used before because all I can remember is my “friends” saying to their real friends “We would never actually be friends with a nerd. I’m only friends with her so I can get good grades.” That really hurt when I heard that. I’ve told someone on here that a boy broke my heart and broke me, but I didn’t say the real reason why, and it’s not because we were dating its because we were “best friends”. The worst two months of 5th grade came from that boy who is also the reason I have a journal I rage in about. We both had a crush on each other but we decided lets just be “best friends” so we did. The moment we said that we went to all of his friends telling them what happened. We were “best friends” over spring break and I honestly can’t believe we were. I was so stupid because this man said that if I didn’t get an app that he would strangle my real guy bestie. When we came back from break he comes up to me and tells me “I don’t want to be friends with you anymore, you’re so ugly, stupid, and a b****.” I was just in shock not knowing what to do. The nerd being “best friends” with the popular guy never works out but I was too busy in my fantasy world thinking it would. The next day he had the audacity to call me an a$$****. Later one of his old girl best friend told me that she heard them talking about me and that I was just a dare/bet to see if he could get me to be his “best friend”. Of course I didn’t want to believe her so me and my “best friend” went to go ask him and it was true he never wanted to be friends with me. To him I was just a thing that he didn’t know existed. That man is the first and only boy I’ve cried about. That’s all what happened in 5th grade. In 6th grade, the “best friend” that went to go confront him with me started not being my best friend. She started hanging out with the popular kids and every time I would go up to her she would ignore me or just give me a look. She knows I’m human and that I have feelings and that my emotions have been played with. In December they gave me a Christmas gift that they have been hiding from me and my real besties (A & A). We found out that her and the boy were dating and they even confirmed it but they didn’t tell me. More happened about that that I won’t tell. The worst part was near the end of the year, our teachers let us play around with legos and there was an already built duck and her (girl dating popular guy) and my friend (went with me to find out the truth) wanted it. Then my friend says “YOU NEVER LIKED HER AT ALL” and the other one said “NEITHER DID YOU”. My heart dropped and zoned out I put it in the middle because I didn’t care, but good for me, my bestie was in my group and heard it. I just went with her but of course I had to go cry in the bathroom. Let me remind you that I go to a private school and the teachers are supposed to care about you and what happens. BUT NO THEY DIDN’T CARE, SHE HEARD WHAT HAPPENED AND LOOKED AND DIDN’T CARE. I’ve never ever felt more useless in my life and of course I have to go home acting like nothing happened because I’m supposed to be my parents perfect daughter and be like my older brother. I’m so happy karma came for them because they got detention for a whole week for getting caught doing something inappropriate. They even do stuff on purpose in front of me to make me jealous. I’m so glad that one of them is leaving the school. Of course I’ll always be their counselor for anything. I just want to say thank you to everyone on Ribblr especially my friends who’ve always been here for me and understanding me. I am so sorry if anyone has ever gone through something like this because no one deserves to go through this. I didn’t know what topic to put this in or even tags so Regulars, Ribblrs, Leaders you guys can add what makes sense to add.

30 Likes

Also sorry for making this really long

7 Likes

i’m so sorry that happened to you. when I was in sixth grade I had a similar experience (not as bad) but i’ve learned that emotional intelligence is a rare find in middle school. I hope you have better friends now. :yellow_heart:

8 Likes

I’m sorry that happened to you! Honestly my advice is: don’t care what people think, be yourself, do what makes you happy, let your parents know what happened even if it will be hard it is best to express your feelings and not bottle it up inside of you! Do what makes you happy, don’t try to get the approval of others you are a wonderful, smart, creative person and if they don’t know that they will figure it out and wonder why they treated you that way. One last thing to add when someone hurts you don’t be rude back or make things worse, even if they don’t talk to you be KIND to them it will confuse them and they will hopefully want to treat others better too. Also usually when someone treats you bad, it’s because of an experience they had, they could have a bad home life or they could be jealous of you. Usually it’s not because of something you’ve done. :slight_smile:

If you ever need someone to talk to i’m here!

11 Likes

I am sorry that all of this happened to you :heart_hands: A very good thing to look back on and take from the whole situation is that you are a bigger/better person than them. They were in the wrong and mistreated you. Something positive to always keep in mind is that there will always be ups and downs in life, but for every bad thing that happens, a good thing will soon follow :sparkles:

I battled with depression for around 8years constantly thinking negatively on life and everything around me/myself. But this year something changed in me. I started to see and appreciate the small little positives within the bad. Meaning overall I have finally overcame my depression, as for any bad situation, I know I can not only get through it but there will be many good things to come :cherry_blossom:

14 Likes

Im so sorry that that happend to you!
Ur so strong, YOU ARE SPECIAL!
And this is to everyone.
If people use u like a punshing bag, just punsh back. Just like my brother pushed me down the stairs. lol.

If your friends with someone who does not accepts you for who u are, then thet don’t deserve to be ur friend​:heavy_heart_exclamation::no_good_man:t3::no_good_woman:t3::person_gesturing_no:t3:

6 Likes

I read the whole thing, I’m so sorry this happened to you. That’s a terrible situation to be in and I know how it feels to not feel wanted by anyone and I don’t want you to ever feel that way because you are wanted by so many people who care so much about you. Don’t ever feel like you have to hide or bottle up your feeling here, this is a safe space. If your ever in need to anything, ANYTHING, please message me. I’m here for you and I care about you!
:two_hearts:

8 Likes

Always keep in mind that school years are only temporary. I was not the smartest kid in the class by any stretch of the imagination. I always told my kids and now tell my grandkids, those people will not stick with you into adulthood. Find the friends who do appreciate you for who you are not what you can “give” them. The takers will only be there with their hands open to you but will never do that in return. Stay away from the Gime, gime type people.

8 Likes

Thank you so much <3 I have do have some real good friends now <3

6 Likes

I also wanted to send you some bible verses :blush:

“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4‬:‭32‬

“Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭16‬:‭24‬ ‭

“But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.”

‭‭Luke‬ ‭6‬:‭35‬ ‭

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”

‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4‬:‭6‬

““Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭25‬

“neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭39‬ ‭

““A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.”

‭‭John‬ ‭13‬:‭34‬

JESUS LOVES YOU! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Thank you for your advice and kind words! I’ll always know that you’ll be here to talk to me <3

6 Likes

Thank you<3
It’s good to see you overcame your depression and I’m proud that I was finally able to open up<3

7 Likes

Thanks <3

3 Likes

Thank you so much <3 Also so good to see you again <3

6 Likes

Thank you <3

6 Likes

Thank you <3 Bless you <3

6 Likes

: (

sad

5 Likes

ur the best abohio dont let anyone tell u anything else <3

4 Likes

tysm cheohio <3

4 Likes

You are very appreciated here :heart_hands:
Heres some quotes for you:

“You don’t lose friends, because real friends can’t be lost.”
-Mandy Hale

Don’t be afraid to stop crossing oceans for those who aren’t willing to cross puddles for you.
-Me : )

Bad friends are like the ocean waves, who come and go. Good friends are like the stars, who will move and change but never disappear.
-Me again

“If a toxic relationship is ever ended with you and you feel lost in worry and sadness, find direction and hope in the knowledge that you have won the battle God has given you. That you are stronger and braver than they ever will be. That they are not worthy of you.”
-Also me

@anon12722758 is an amazing, funny, and awesome person and these b****** aren’t worthy of them at all <3”
-Everyone on Ribblr :purple_heart:

Middle school/high school sucks, and so do lots of the people you’ll meet there, but that doesnt mean everyone does. Especially you <3

8 Likes