The Yarn Business

10 Likes

Wish I had a dislike button. The wantonness of these companies is creepy. Like all that power has gone to their head.

11 Likes

WHAT?? and to think I was going to start selling on there. Now, I’m confused on whether I want to buy from sellers on there knowing their going to get all of their money

10 Likes

Check this out:
This article just came thru my email news feed:
Facebook accounts disabled for no apparent reason, users say (nypost.com)

And at the SAME time,
FB sent me a $5 off coupon for advertising!
For a shop that is RESTRICTED.

I give up,
sorta,
mostly:
laughing hysterically

tenor

I give up…
pass the whiskey.
It’s FRIDAY.

11 Likes

And they want artificial intelligence involved in our health care??

10 Likes

YESSS I LOVE THE IMAGE! (even though I’m too young to vote all my “friends” have their opinions that they like to freely share even if it hurts someone’s feelings

9 Likes

I am starting out so I’m glad your sharing this. I was going to just sell through my own website (i will eventually make) and insta (oh and tiktok) because i heard etsy is expensive

9 Likes

There’s a comedian that has only one leg and his health insurance artificial intelligence automatically sent a health worker to his house because he was potentially malnourished because he didnt weigh enough… he’s super funny but like it’s already happening if you want his name message me and I’ll try to find it

9 Likes

:sweat_smile:

7 Likes

@Emmewaltz I heard that story !

7 Likes

Try Go Daddy for the site.
Initially: it’s FREE and can remain that way.
The only thing is that you will have /godaddy.com at the end of your website addy.
I did this, so that while I was building my site, I didn’t have any fees and could take as long as I wished.

They offer tiers…starting at $12 a month to $30.
I selected the $30 a month as it offered a full store, (I could sell), email campaigns, blogs, subscriber list, SEO interface, social network interface, etc.

They also have 24/7 chat support, which I have used a great deal of late with my FB saga.
Yeah…I get “India”, but I’ve only had one person who didn’t know what they were doing, and bless their heart, I think they were just young. They really tried to “make up” for their lack of help.

The website design itself is super straight forward.
The hardest part for me (only at first) was the concept: I load the photos I want to use to their cloud, then pull from that for my site. Okay…I stupidly thought I was limited to the number of photos in the cloud. We are not…so load away.

The “Dashboard” console is really nice to use.
They also allow you to see the phone version of your site AND the laptop version.

Let me see if I can get a screenshot or two for you.
MUCH cheaper than Shopify and the support is very helpful.

There is a discount if you sign up for the year,
but I didn’t have that amount in the bank. (sad face)

Dashboard:

Stats:

Both views:

Website Builder View:

Social Network Link Interface:

They help you connect with Pinterest and Google Search without any extra fees or stress.
For me?
I’m very happy with Go Daddy.

They helped me fight with FB.
And…

I was approved late last night for my Store Front with FB,
and a person actually called me from FB this morning with an apology.

Sign me: SHOCKED!

11 Likes

Facebook Saga Update:

5:30pm last night (Friday):
I receive a snarky email response that says my review request has been rejected because my site does not permit folks to fully purchase from an independent store front, a store front that provides the ability to use a credit card or PayPal, a third party is being used, so no, I’m not approved: “fix this now”, respond to this link, and maybe they will review again. My Instagram is also shut down. The agent says he’s closing the support ticket. IF I respond immediately, and request a phone call with specific hours listed, they MIGHT call me back.

I scream. I sold 2 patterns the night before thru my site. “Not fully functioning”???

6pm: I make screen shots of FB emails and contact Go Daddy chat support again. I show them what FB is claiming. I ask Go Daddy if I need to go and purchase a website from someone else, as I thought I was getting a fully independent store front and website, and it appears I am not. The agent pulls in his supervisors, they look at everything and give me verification that I have met and exceeded FB standards. Additionally: I am fully connected to FB already…go tell FB they have a problem. Go Daddy says they are are on standby to fight with FB for me.

6:05pm: My husband gets an advertisement for a crocheted afghan I once had up at FB… LAST YEAR, for sale right now, and would he like to buy it? He says “Yeah”, and it takes him to a store that doesn’t exist. That particular item sold long ago. What is going on with FB?

7pm: I access every email, chat feature, support request button and review request button at FB. I include screen shots when I can, of my dialog with Go Daddy, my dialog with FB chat, the silly advertisement hubs received (he received a second one while I was doing this). I tell FB specifically what I have done to meet their standards, what exact standards I meet, that there are NO violations, and I list particularly how my shop and domain have met and exceeded their criteria. I tell them my website host is on standby to help get this straightened out. I write in all caps: DO NOT CLOSE TICKET. CALL ME. repeatedly on every message sent.

7:30pm: I receive a message from FB saying they cannot help, they don’t have agents available, sorry, they are closing the ticket and what specific time am I available for a phone call? I scream again.

8pm: I break open the whiskey and return to pattern writing. I literally: give up.

Midnight: I stop working on my poncho, and go to bed. I see a message from FB saying my Store has been approved. Wha??? Then again: It’s April Fools Day.

Saturday Morning

7:30AM: Sleeping in a bit, as I normally wake with hubs at 5AM each work day. Hubs tells me my phone is ringing, please turn it off. What people don’t know is: I AM DEAF…so I hit “decline” in my sleepy state as I don’t get phone calls from anyone who actually knows me. Hubs doesn’t think it’s anything other than a scam caller, and neither do I.

7:35AM: I freak…that phone call might have been FB!! As I see an email from FB saying they tried to call me, but couldn’t get thru, please let them know when to call back? I send a response saying: “Now” and try to wake up.

7:45AM: Telephone rings, it’s a man named: Dimitar and he’s very nice. He apologizes for the nightmare I’ve been going thru, says he searched over everything and he states a long list of things that I have done, validating that I put every last little thing in order that they had asked. He doesn’t know why I was getting so many rejections. I’ve been approved, there’s a little hang up with Instagram and he’ll walk me thru that. I tell him I need to make son breakfast before he leaves for work, and can get right to what we need to do if he can wait 30 minutes. He says that is perfectly fine, he’s on standby via email and will telephone at any point I need help. He is available for the next 2.5 hours. When I’m done with sons breakfast, please check my store, get familiar with it, and he’s right there to help at any point. We will get Instagram fixed too.

8AM: my shop is functioning, and I have one sale already…(cute, it’s my husband, he will buy a pattern from a new platform so I can see how the system works…only bummer: there’s a $30 shipping fee for a digital download pattern! Whoooops…I go into FB and fix that. The fix is instaneous…Nice…)

8-9AM: I exchange several emails with Dimital about Instagram. Conclusion? Problem on their end, he fixes it before he leaves for the day. He says FB will submit a report to me every 30 days with any problems they may find, and will give me another 30 days to get any help I need to fix things should problems occur. This is “normal” and they are trying to do better by their Business Accounts.

I check: and Holy Smoley!!! My entire store can be seen on FB and Instagram. They are waiving all sellers fees for the entire month of April.

Wow.
This entire saga was a nightmare,
BUT:
I’m proud of myself.

I almost gave up completely.

And that’s my Happy News for today…
Enjoy!

and:
Keep On Stitchin’

11 Likes

I had no idea that you were deaf! I guess since I don’t know you that is :joy:

8 Likes

Lol! That’s the absolute beauty of the way we connect as people now.
TEXT or written word.
Love every bit of it…
To me?
Poetry.
I can finally “hear” what folks have to say clearly.

I wasn’t born deaf, but learned early on in life that I would eventually lose my hearing.
I’m used to it now.

9 Likes

Wow, I remember from having my own Etsy…I can’t believe it’s so much worse now …

9 Likes

That is so Awesome! I’m profoundly Hard of hearing in both ears and have been since birth.
I love the online aspect of socialization. I can 'hear" everyone and no one is writing you unless they want to communicate with you,
I’m finding as I get older people are less interested in"jumping through hoops" in order to communicate with you or to have a relationship with you.
Have about you?

10 Likes

Those kind of people drive me crazy!! My daughter-in-law has a special needs brother and she told me one of the things that made her fall in love with my son was how he treated her brother and would play video games with him that were for children. She told me that other “boyfriends” would run away when they met her brother! :flushed:

I told her two things - 1 - I always told my kids that you wouldn’t make fun of a fish that couldn’t climb a tree so you don’t make fun of someone because they can’t do something.
2 - Too many people concentrate on the “dis” part and forget the “ability” in disability.

11 Likes

This is amazing!! Love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And so true! : )

8 Likes

@TheWandWeaver
This is quite the story - I’m so happy and thankful for you that it got all cleared up!!! I hope and pray it will stay all good and go smoothly :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :pray:

7 Likes

Oh my goodness :dizzy_face: I’ve never sold anything on Etsy but I’ve heard several times now that they’re taking more and more. That’s so wrong!!!

8 Likes