✨theater✨

Love the theatre seeing six later in the year even more excited after reading all your posts.

I’ve seen quite a few but my favourite is Mary Poppins

I would love to see Harry Potter

5 Likes

Omg omg omg CHICAGO ALL TIME FAVORITE

7 Likes

Definitely recommend! My husband who doesn’t even care for musicals enjoyed/loved it! It’s great (it is on the macabre side though, fair warning)
He also liked The Producers… So I keep joking that there’s hope for him yet hehe

5 Likes

I know a lot of people think PotO is overrated, but I don’t care :woman_shrugging:t3:
Rent (at least the movie adaptation) is fun, crazy, and totally 90s lol…

5 Likes

Guys and Dolls was OK, but there are so many great ones I’d put above it

6 Likes

Phantom of the Opera horrifies me, but all that aside, its great!

5 Likes

I never took theatre in school so I’m not really a theatre kid, but I absolutely adore theatre/musicals! For the most part I usually just listen to the soundtrack of a music since it’s hard to find a full musical online lol but I love Starkid for the songs, humor and the fact that they show it free on YouTube!! I also really enjoy Mozart, l’opéra rock (a French rock opera about Mozart) that’s also on YouTube I believe with subtitles I actually brought the soundtrack CD with how much I love the music :laughing:

To be honest I actually enjoy some anime musicals lol some of their soundtracks are so good

I never saw the official cast perform it, but I did go the Mamma Mia! Musical while I was in highschool with my fellow students performing, they did great!

Tldr: If the soundtrack of a musical is good I love it lol

6 Likes

Which is your favourite starkid musical?

6 Likes

My favorite is definitely Six

5 Likes

Hmm I like all of them, but I’d have to say The Trail to Oregon solely because I quote that often lol

6 Likes

Is anyone currently in a musical (whether it be school or just anything)?
I’m doing a school musical of Mary Poppins and like a neighbourhood community musical of west side story!

6 Likes

I sing show tunes in the car for my husband. I’ve been headlining for like 7 years running

6 Likes

4 Likes

My late husband performed in theatre a lot in high school and some in troupes in the Chicagoland area.
But my favorite theater was at home, between him and the kids, everything was up for ad libbing. No topic was sacred.

5 Likes

I might be seeing six this year!! I saw Mary Poppins when I was younger!! I don’t remember it but apparently I loved it lol- ooo Harry Potter!!

2 Likes

IVE BEEN DYING TO SEE CHICAGO o.m.g.

4 Likes

I will Never understand that- IT SEEMS SO GOOD!!! “Overrated” well, they’re basic. :japanese_ogre::sparkles: Seems like just the thing I would enjoy :joy::joy: especially the crazy part :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

3 Likes

Oh- :cold_sweat:

I listen to Soundtracks a LOT as Well, because I am just a broke teen with Spotify premium :joy::smiling_face_with_tear:- I think I’ve heard of Mozart, l’opéra rock (thank the lord for copy paste​:sparkles::sparkles:) but I don’t know much about it

3 Likes

SIX. IS. AMAZING. (I think I haven’t seen it- (I’ve seen clips from it though))

2 Likes