to ribblr (the website not the team the team is doing great <3)

a letter to ribblr:
what happened?
i remember when ribblr used to be a magical place. my screen time on here was like 8 hours a day, I was obsessed with liking and replying to everything, we weren’t losing practically anyone, and all the groupchats were active 24/7. i never felt lonely when I was on ribblr.
what changed?
my screen time on ribblr is an hour a day, if that. people are leaving left and right, practically all the groupchats are d3@d, and ribblr has seemingly lost its charm for everyone.
i miss the old ribblr.
(if you feel like leaving a letter to ribblr, or just venting, be my guest :] you can put it below or dm me, idrc)

29 Likes

I actually think it has more to do with time of year! Summer has arrived and schedules are usually a lot more lenient (especially for those still in school).

I noticed last year a similar thing happened where things slowed down, between vacations, hobbies, more free time, etc, i even notice im on my phone less. It would definitely be interesting to see if that is a correlation at all.

15 Likes

Yeah it seems the time of year that it is, everyone is going on vacation and it’s summer so ppl will probably want to spend time with their families and not always be on Ribblr, after I finish all of these collabs and testers I think I will kinda be doing the same, I don’t want my life always evolved around Ribblr instead I want Ribblr evolved around my life and a small space not my whole day. And I’m sorry Ribblr hasn’t been as fun for you if you want to talk I will always set some time aside for you , and I’m also sorry you’ve been lonely :pensive:. It definitely hasn’t lost its charm everyone needs breaks. I love crocheting and Ribblr has helped me lots and I’ve learned so many new things, but sometimes a break is good and a refresh , so they can come back better as ever. I hope when I come back there are lots of new ribblrs and fun new people to meet, i might be the old gal that everyone knows. I hope we will always remember the times me had on Ribblr and the friends we made.
(Sorry if this is super long thanks for reading if you did)

15 Likes

Ahhh, This is so true, Ive barely been on Ribblr at all! But, Ive been super busy with study and binge watching Netflix. Also Its winter for me :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

7 Likes

Yes! Everyone was so active in the main chat and it was always so fun and chaotic. There was so many testers and topics and pretty much everyone gave suggestions, helped eachother out, and was super close. I miss that. Sure, everyone is still super kind and helpful, but it isnt the same. It breaks my heart to see everyone leaving, i mean maddie who has been a huge part of this community just left…so who knows who’ll leave next? :pensive::broken_heart:

8 Likes

when summer hit, ribblr slowed down.
i used to barely be able to catch up to all the topics
now all i have to do is catch up to topics
\i really hope it gets better

7 Likes

yes i was about to say this :pensive: i feel like almost everyone is just gone now

5 Likes

Yes I agree. Ribblr used to be so active but now, not really. And Maddie, a huge part of the community, has left as well. Who will go next? Idk what’s happening to ribblr :sob::sob:

4 Likes

I already miss Maddie <\3
Ribblr def seems to be slowing down, but the summer thing makes sense. Who knows, maybe by spring there’ll be a bit of time where everyone comes back and the community gets bigger again.

3 Likes

I know whatcha mean, with people like Maddie gone it kinda feels like the website slowing down a smidge. But I remember how last winter, we had new people left and right, it was kinda hard to keep track of XD maybe it’s just how the seasons work, who knows?

2 Likes

My thoughts are when summer hits everyone has the ability to relax and chill out a little bit while during the school year everyone is chaotic and crazy and everyone’s looking for a way to escape their reality so they come to a platform where people are doing the exact same thing and really need to just calm down so they come on to Ribblr. That’s my thought or idea of why it’s so slow right now. But I did really like it when everyone was on super Lively. But I guess it just comes with the seasons. But that’s completely fine if people need to slow down or recharge or take a break they can we’re all Only Human After All everyone needs a break sometimes.

2 Likes

I used to be so active on here last year around this time. (It’s when I joined)

Like everyone keeps saying I think it’s because of summer and schools out. A lot of people are busy with their lives, family, friends, and don’t find it as easy to get on as much. Personally I’ve been extremely inactive due to my mental health and personal issues. School took a toll on me this year, and I’ve also been dealing with a lot of friend aspects, and stress.

As I got towards the end of 2023 ish (Sep-Oct) I didn’t find myself getting on here as much because I had met my best friend, and other people were as active in my everyday life. I really don’t like spending so much time online with online people. As much as this community is wonderful, I really value the time I have with the people in my personal life, and especially while going through the hard times I did/still am going through.

I do get what you’re saying though. Ribblr isn’t exactly what it used to be, and it does suck on aspects. Hopefully you can still enjoy your time on here though :heartpulse:

3 Likes

I come in here once or twice a day myself to interact. I do have to consider my time with
Designing and making new items so that does keep me off social media and I personally prefer in person engagement . I’ve been on here since 2021 and I’ve noticed people come and go with engagement so I could very well be time of the year or things just aren’t fun anymore.
There’s a good mix of all ages in here too so that might also be something we can consider too. I remember there was someone whom did the birthdays that was fun but after a while it could of just became overwhelming. I’ve noticed that a few times. When things become less fun it becomes a thing you just don’t want anymore if that makes sense.
For me what I most love about this platform is it brings crafters of all ages together.

5 Likes