To sew or not to sew?

Hey everyone! I am writing my first pattern and I realized that with a few tweaks I could make it no sew. (there are 2 pieces but I can write the pattern so that it is all crocheted as one piece instead of having to sew the 2 pieces together.) As a crocheter which way do you prefer to make your projects? Would you rather sew the 2 different colored pieces together or crochet all of it as one piece but with a color change? Thanks for your feed back! It is greatly appreciated!!!

14 Likes

I prefer no sew honestly. Or as much no sew as possible. The bulkier the yarn it seems the harder to sew it is.

11 Likes

That’s fair!!

8 Likes

NO SEWING!!!

6 Likes

Definitely no sew.

7 Likes

I much prefer no sewing if at all possible… :blush:

5 Likes

For me it depends on what the item is that I’m making. For toys and small objects definitely no sewing. For some garments I don’t mind sewing to add structure.

7 Likes

Yea it is a toy!

6 Likes

Again it really depends
Sometimes sewing it is just easier

7 Likes

I personally don’t mind sewing, but no sew will be much more beginner friendly!

6 Likes

I prefer a no sew pattern when possible.

6 Likes

Definitely no sew when possible, color changes are easy for me, and sewing takes way longer for me to do. Hope this helps!

7 Likes

Definitely no sew! Sometimes i’m too lazy to crochet something if there is sewing in it. So I think if it is no-sew it will motivate some people to make it more!

6 Likes

I think crocheting the limbs in makes the project look more polished.

5 Likes

My opinion is not helpful at all :joy: for me, it depends. No sew vs sew look different depending on what it is and what look you’re going for. So I don’t have a general preference and like whatever gives the best look/most appropriate style for the project (see, not helping :rofl:)

6 Likes

That’s a fantastic and very true response though!!! I actually think I will release the pattern as a no sew since that’s what people seem to like but sew them when I make it myself!

6 Likes

Yeah!!
Leave the sewing to those who are good at it!!

5 Likes

definitely no sew. i usually get placements wrong and have to take the piece of to get it right the second time

6 Likes

Ain’t that the truth!!!

5 Likes