To stuff or not to stuff??

I am currently making this fairy pattern for an upcoming market:
IMG_1207
I am loving the pattern, but wanting to make it baby safe. I am sewing on eyes, but wondering about stuffing. I don’t know if their little fingers can reach in and pull out stuffing to choke on. I want to do what’s best for my customers, so I am wondering if anyone knows what ok to do and if it’s safe.

9 Likes

I think you shouldn’t stuff because the choking may happen. That’s why some baby plushy stuff is flat. Easier to hug too

3 Likes

If the pattern uses only sc, then generally speaking, if you keep the tension tight and don’t use a too large hook, stuffing shouldn’t be a problem. But if you are using hdc, dc, or any other stitches that have a lot of holes in between, I would recommend either not stuffing, or holding the stuffing in some sort of container. I sometimes use stockings in those cases.

5 Likes

Ya, i am thinking the same thing, better safe then sorry

4 Likes

I think the stitches are tight enough, but I still might not stuff it. I like your idea about the stocking though

4 Likes

I think a no stuffing snuggler would be cute! Also, this pattern looks adorable! Where isnit from?

1 Like

You could always stuff it wirh clean rags, I’ve done this a few times and it doesn’t come out, and even if it does, they’re less likely to be ingested.

1 Like