Topic Paused - Profit share on Ribblr: editor collaborators wanted

Two Ribblrs have expressed interest, so I’m not actively seeking more editors right now, but if you are very interested please message me.

I need help! I love designing tiny crochet patterns, but get bogged down when it comes to adding patterns to my Ribblr shop. I’m looking for two trusted testers/editors to help me in exchange for a share of the sale price. I’m open to the idea of this being a two-way relationship if someone else also designs and needs help publishing but I prefer to work on the design side.

If you have 20 or more karma points or have completed two or more tests for me, please reach out in comments or PM!

How it will work:

-You will receive editing rights.

-You choose the design you want to work on from my design backlog (on Ravelry or I can send screenshots, see attached examples pic).

-You also can make suggestions for new patterns.

-I will either provide clean handwritten notes similar to example photo or will start a draft pattern in Ribblr.

-You add/edit the pattern and/or photos on Ribblr.

-I or another editor will test the pattern.

-Pattern opens for testing to a few more Ribblrs.

-I’ll publish the pattern on Ribblr when complete.

-If all goes well after collaborating on several patterns, I’m open to selling patterns online in other popular venues, but need help managing that.

-Editors receive an editor credit in the pattern.

-For one year after pattern publication date, editors receive an equal split of pattern sales ($ earned after Ribblr/other platform deducts their fees), to be paid out monthly via PayPal or Venmo. So if one editor collaborates with me, it’s a 50/50 split. If two editors contribute, for example, one writes and the other adds photos, it’s a 3-way split.

-Pattern designer reserves the rights to the pattern. If it’s a design collaboration, rights are negotiable on a case by case basis.

-On the 366th day after pattern publication, profit sharing ends.

If you read this far and are interested I really hope you’ll apply! If you’re not quite to the karma or test minimum, you can test a couple upcoming designs for me. :smiling_face:

Thanks and happy stitching!
Sue :yarn:

13 Likes

Anyone interested in collaborating who’s familiar with my designs from testing multiples? :smiling_face: Sorry if I missed anyone, message me to talk.
@Solne @AuntFanny @Anion @NanaJanice @SeaaTurtleCrochet @Ahuff13 @Loladoggo @MyCraftyPursuits @Eandccraft

7 Likes

@frogirl @Harsi @binka @Freyamigurumi @CrochetCrochet

5 Likes

I’m not ready for this much responsibility, tysm for the offer and gl<33

6 Likes

p.s. editors also of course get to keep the patterns they work on in their personal Ribblr library

5 Likes

Thanks for your reply and for past testing. ikwym, it can be a lot of work, though rewarding! :smiling_face: Hope you’ll still consider testing for me again in the future. :frog:

6 Likes

I would gladly collaborate with you. The only problem is that I’ve never designed a pattern and haven’t attempted any of that on ribblr yet. Lol, I keep testing because the thought of writing one gives me anxiety that others wouldn’t like it. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Hoi, I have never done something like this and wouldn’t feel comfortable being an editor since I dont really have experience with that kind of stuff.

However, I love your patterns and really enjoyed working on them, and would gladly test for you more regularly if needed <3

6 Likes

This is so cool!! Is there a certain amount of patterns or a certain amount of time you need an editor for? Or is it just as you go?

5 Likes

Yay AuntFanny I’ll PM you this weekend. I love working with you as a tester and I think you’d be a great pattern editor!

4 Likes

I would be interested but I’m still new here. I’d be happy to be considered for testing future patterns for you and after I’ve proven myself maybe help with future editing too

4 Likes

Okay Sue! I’m looking forward to this new adventure with you!

4 Likes

Thanks, I love working on a team! I don’t have a set amount, I plan to keep adding designs as long as I can think up new ones. :smile: I have more designs than time to write them up and the backlog keeps growing.

4 Likes

Fabulous! You’ve done such great testing, are always welcome to test, even if it says closed just apply. :smile:

5 Likes

Ah, okay.
I’m interested in applying!
The only reason I might not is because I’ve never designed a pattern, and I’ve never used ribbuild. I could learn, but I understand if you need someone more experienced :]

3 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr! I find it to be such a happy, inspiring place and hope you will, too. :rainbow:
I’m always happy to get fresh perspectives from new members so please do apply for testing so we can develop a good working relationship. :yarn: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I’m in

4 Likes

Lovely, I’ll PM you this weekend! Looking forward to working with you, I noticed you’re a fan of quick little projects, too. So perfect for making progress while I work bigger, slower projects. Why do I keep starting lace knitting projects when I don’t enjoy it? lol

3 Likes

I was mainly looking for folks who can hit the ground running, but I’m always willing to take a chance on someone who will put in the effort to learn something new. I see you are a good crocheter and take nice pictures, so if you’d like to try, PM me and I’ll send you a simple pattern draft to use for learning Ribbuild. :smiling_face: Thanks for your interest!

4 Likes

Totally missed the message. Totally in if you need some assistance still. I dont fit the 20 karma point requirements though.

3 Likes