Trekkie pattern testers - crochet (CLOSED)

Hello. I am in need of a few crochetters for testing some free truly geeky patterns I am designing.

If you can crochet a scarf and read a 2 colour chart - you can easily do these patterns.

As a special treat - you get to choose your favourite Star Trek phrase - and I will turn that into the pattern you will test.

You will need a crochet hook 3.5mm or 4mm
1 ball/ skein of 200 - 400 yard sock weight yarn, or 3 balls of 100g DK

Depending on your chosen phrase - you will either make a cowl (in the flat then sew the ends together) or a scarf.

Let me know what you think - any questions: eck.querky.designs@gmail.com

UPDATE: Testing has now closed. Thank you!

4 Likes

Hi.
I love to crochet scarves and also know how to knit. My favorite phrase is
Highly illogical."
Right now I’m a little busy until the end of the month but would love to test for you if you look for help
Sincerely
Regina Schmidt-Cummins

1 Like

What a fantastic phrase - it will make a good scarf. Happy to wait until you are free. I’ll get the pattern ready.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

This is quite intriguing! I am a Jean-Luc Picard tragic and my all time favourite phrase (used frequently at any time of the day) is “Tea, Earl Grey, hot!”

Happy to test if this phrase fits into your plan :blush:

1 Like

Hello!

Yes that phrase is perfect for a crocheted cowl.
All you need is 2 colours of yarn, a hook and patience to sew in a few ends.

What I will need from you is - many photos, if possible some of the cowl being worn, and measurements - size of finished cowl, amount of yarn used.

I would recommend using DK, you’ll need at least 70g of each colour, so to be safe have a 100g of each colour handy.

If this sounds ok to you - let me know and I will email the pattern to you.
This will be published on Ribblr as a freebie when complete.
Many thanks
Emily

1 Like

I would love to test this scarf/ cowl…

1 Like

Fabulous, thank you.

Would you be able to test the phrase: “Resistance is futile” as a 2 colour scarf?

It will be a written pattern, using DK yarn. I suggest using cheap sock weight yarn 200g for each colour.
Please note that there will be a lot of ends to sew in.

What I need from you is -

• feedback on the pattern
  • measurements of the finished item - length, width
  • amount of yarn used (yardage) for both colours
  • photos of the finished item, modelled as well

This will be published as a free pattern here on Ribblr.
The general timescale is 3 months - if you finish before then - yay!

I will make up the pattern and email it to you
Many thanks
Emily

1 Like

Hi Emily, that would be awesome :ok_hand:

1 Like

Fabulous - the pattern will be in written format e.g
rows 2 - 11 - Main Colour
Rows 11- 15 - Contract Colour

Hope that is alright. There is a chart - but it will be about 6 pages long, and for sanity writing out is easier and quicker.

I will ask for your email when I am ready to send the pattern.
Many thanks
Emily

1 Like

Ok. Looking forward to hear from you. You can use my email address as well
Regina@meandbutterflystore.com

1 Like

I would love to test for you. I am open to any phrase too. I love to crochet and have made lots of beanies, cozies, scarves and cowls. You can find me on Instagram at @heathershemmings .I also had a good sized yarn stash too. :blush: I am working on a couple of top tests that are to be done by 3/14.

1 Like

Hi Heather,

Thank you for offering to test this crochet pattern for me.

Are you ok testing ‘Resistance is Futile!’ ?

If you send me your email address I can send you over the written pattern.

Many thanks
Emily

1 Like

Hi! I would love to test that pattern for you. :slight_smile: My email is heathershemmings@gmail.com .

Thanks!
Heather

1 Like

Hello Heather, just wondering how you are getting on with the pattern?

1 Like

Hello Regina,
How are you getting on with the pattern?
Emily

1 Like

I was going to send you a progress picture! I really like it. I am on row#43 and doing a little bit each day.

I really like the effect the variegated has. I never would have thought to do that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s looking really good. I do like the MC and CC to be a solid and a variegated as it shows both off so well.

I have published To Boldly Go on ribblr, and am working on my own test of LLAP.
I have to write up Beam Me Up as a knitting pattern.

Keep going. It looks really good. Any issues let me know.

1 Like

Will do! This has sparked an interest in me to start using more sock weight and sport weight yarns. :heart:

1 Like

Hi! Sent you an email to your email earlier about a question I had.

I just reached row 122 and thought I would see where I was at with the yarn. My variegated I only have 57 grams left. I have looked online and it is discontinued. I do have a 98 grams of the same style in a black, white, red and burgundy. If I had to go to a 2nd color what row would be a good one to switch to the 2nd color at?

I have lots in the solid light blue -128 grams left- so I am good on that one. So the light blue would stay the same.

Oh and here is a picture of the scarf being blocked. Thought it would be good to block in sections. The yellow stitch marker is at the end of row 122.

Thanks!
Heather

1 Like