Turtle help!

So my turtle didn’t quite turn out right.
I was trying for aragami style.

Welcome to give advice for what helped with this pattern. Can I do anything to fix it ?

8 Likes

Try searching on YouTube for the Woobles! they have very good and slow instructions for how to do things with amigurumi stuff like a magic ring or increasing and decreasing!
Also, just try to practice making a magic ring, increasing and decreasing! You’ll get there!

6 Likes

Amigurumi is very hard to learn at first, but really practice is how you get better at it! I would practice making a magic ring and different stitches, just like @Abug1249 said. Good luck!

3 Likes

I appreciate the help thanks!

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate the effort you took to explain the details.

4 Likes

Amigurumi can be a bit tricky when you’re a beginner, but like the others said, YouTube can be a huge help! I do have a few general tips though- use a size or two smaller hook than the yarn calls for - be careful not to overstuff pieces - use stitch markers to count your rounds - use invisible decreases, they leave smaller holes - watch videos on tensioning, it really helps! - also, try using alternatives to the magic ring if it’s difficult when your first start (like ch2 and others) - make sure you have your crochet right side out or else it will look weird (tutorials on YouTube)

4 Likes

Ooh definitely the Woobles! I learned from one of their kits and it was super easy to make even magic rings with the tutorials when I was brand new to crochet!

3 Likes