📹🍿 TV/MOVIE recommendations - What do you like to watch?

Hey everyone!
I thought it’d be really nice to have a topic dedicated to TV & Movies only.

So what do you like to watch? and particularly:

1. What’s your all time favorite movie or TV show?
  2. What do you watch most when crafting?

10 Likes

Hi @saar, my all time gave movie is The Pirates of the Caribbean: The Black Pearl. My fave TV show used to be iCarly, I don’t really have a favorite tv show rn, but I really like baking shows and slice of life anime.:purple_heart:

7 Likes

favorite movie, do I have to pick just one? I love You’ve Got Mail and the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice. I like other movies like Harry Potter, which I occasionally like to do a marathon of, TV series like Little House on the Prairie, Merlin, and Home Improvement. there are many more but these are my favorites, they are like sitting and knitting with an old friend ;). When I’m missing my mom I sit and knit while watching a football game or golf, she loved sports and since she taught me to knit it’s like she’s there watching and knitting with me.

6 Likes

I love The Big Bang Theory! :grinning: I also like Star Trek, both the movies and the TV series.

7 Likes

@saar Try watching what if on youtube

6 Likes

Totally! Love Little House on the Prairie, have all the books and the show :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I also love Anne of Green Gables (the books and movies) and Little Women and When Calls the Heart! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

I’ve watched Star Trek a lot because my brother and dad watch it a lot :joy:

5 Likes

My all time favorite movies: The Shawshank Redemption & Tombstone.

Favorite TV for crafting is The Murdoch Mysteries

4 Likes

I like ‘Cloverfield’ move I watched it many so many times.

When crocheting I like watching Anime series :heart_eyes: reading manga most of the time :blush:

5 Likes

That’s a nice variety! @CozyBySavvy The Black Pearl is the… second one, I want to say?

@LDSVenus oh wow great recommendations! Sports and Knitting together sounds like a perfect match. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Lakeviewknitter Never really got into Star Trek but I’ve heard the new show is great. The Big Bang Theory was awesome although I think I did not watch the last few seasons :sweat_smile:

@Bangtan Welcome to Ribblr! I’m going to search it up.

@TexasPurl rings a bel… what is it?

@Yarmihoo Do you watch it in English or Japanese?

6 Likes

I watch it in Japanese translated to my country language :blush:

5 Likes

@saar ~ The Murdoch Mysteries is a Canadian production, mystery/crime series (15 seasons), set in the late 19th century. Kind of a Sherlock Holmes meets CSI.

6 Likes

I’m impressed! :clap:

5 Likes

Sounds fun! Is it the kind where there’s a plot for the entire show or standalone episodes kind of thing?

4 Likes
  1. My all time favorite movie or show is Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
  2. My favorite show or movie to watch while crocheting is any Marvel movies.
6 Likes

They’re stand alone episodes with ongoing back stories involving the main characters.
The writers work in a lot of the medical procedures used during that period. Thank goodness there have been so many advances in the field.
I spit my coffee out when a doctor prescribed mercury to reduce fever in a patient!! :joy::rofl:

4 Likes

Thank you, @saar :sparkling_heart:. Almost haha, Black Pearl is the first one.:blush:

4 Likes

Oh cool, me too! @Yarnologist :heart:. We have similar taste.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

@saar I forgot to say that as an “never grown up adult-kid”, I do enjoy Spongebob ;).

5 Likes

My favorite movie is the Matrix and my favorite show is Lost! I always watch movie/tv shows that I’ve already watched while I’m crafting so that I don’t have to put my full attention on it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes