Unpublish a pattern to edit it

I definitely did this; I changed one typo and forgot to republish my pattern until a few hours later haha.

6 Likes

Now that is something to complain about! If they get notified each time there is activity, they could dismiss you as a nuisance

7 Likes

because my patterns are in batches, if there is a error in one, it’s probably in the whole batch. This means that I would have 5-9 patterns to work on and who knows how many people got notified each time. Ugh.
I really wanted to go in and flip pictures around so that I can visually sort patterns better (all of a set face the same way) but now… it’ll just have to remain higgelty piggelty

5 Likes

According to ribblr, no notifications are sent went you unpublish and republish. I have no way to test this, but if it’s happening, they need to be told because that is a problem

5 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Not receiving notifications

This is still a problem for me also @Ribblr . Maria and I are working on a pattern now. I won’t notify her over the holidays because she is busy. So I have to send her the issues later. These are simply to make an info line be a subtitle line. Totally something I would do without notifying her before. Now, she has to deal with it.

I no longer see the purpose of being an editor, as opposed to a tester.

Maybe you could give the editors the option of unpublishing / republishing. (Reverting back would be better in my opinion but without knowing issues you dealt with on your end, I don’t understand.)

2 Likes

I am also still having issues with the random unpublishing or publishing of patterns when I try to do anything with a pattern that was already published
I can tell you that this change has made it less likely for me to fix an issue if I think it can slide… it’s simply too big a pain in the butt to deal with now

3 Likes

Not me unfortunately. I am kind of obsessive about it. :frowning:

2 Likes

well, if I unpublish one, I have to check all of them to see what else went private, then publish it again then refresh several times then check on a different device, find all the ones that were not supposed to be changed, then I get a message that some of the lines are out of order on a testing pattern…which started happening at the same time as this change going into effect. And it still does not stop the sales of crappy patterns, it only makes life harder for those of us that actually care about what we are putting out there. There is a shop out there right now that has sold untold amounts of patterns that she knows good and well are bad and has not unpublished them until she can correct them, only publicly stated that she will get to them eventually.
and if the lines out of order are on the testers patterns, are they also on my other patterns? I simply do not have enough time in my day to sit and play whack a mole with my pattern library like that.

3 Likes

That would be a yes.

We agree on this being our least favorite update. :frowning:

2 Likes

that was supposed say on my other patterns… but yeah, by far this has been the most upsetting part of using ribblr since I joined.

2 Likes

I do like having the patterns tested before publishing. And hopefully the testers catch enough stuff.

Once I get caught up with the Letodolls there will be new ones to test, which will still be unpublished so that will help. But still. I have a lot of fixins I want to do.

2 Likes

something I really wanted to do (for myself more than anything) was to flip the pictures in my shop on all the doubles. So that all the patterns that I have both a crochet and a knit version of will be easier for me to spot quickly, like all the knit ones to the left and al the crochet to the right… something like that. But now it just isn’t worth it.

3 Likes