Upcoming crochet designer troubles

Hello :wave: I am Imelda and I have been crocheting for the past two years. What I want most is to start writing my own creation patterns. I have been having a lot of trouble with this considering that most of the things that I make are made to measure. I mostly use locally available yarn in my country . Where I do not have a lot of yarn weights to play with. Another thing is how to come up with the gauge.
Generally speaking I don’t know where to start and I have so much to offer as a designer . I will be very grateful if I can get advice on how to start this crochet designer journey.

Thank you

13 Likes

Hi Imechayarns! I’m so happy to hear that you’ve started making patterns. I’m new myself and here are somethings I’ve noticed:

When it comes to gauge, you can create your pattern and request pattern testers. Typically they’re willing to help you out for free (but obviously, pay them if they need you to). You can ask them to determine the gauge of their finished piece and use it in your pattern :slight_smile:

I don’t make clothes so I can’t really give you any advice about measurement. Sorry :confused: .Hopefully this helped!

6 Likes

Hi there! Good luck in your designing journey. Since you use yarn that’s mostly locally available to you, you could try typing them into YarnSub and see if there’s comparable yarns that others can use to make your patterns. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@TsaomeiMashu thank you so much for your advice.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for this​:blush:

4 Likes

Anytime! :slight_smile:

4 Likes