Voice recording

Is there a way to do a voice recording? Like to send to someone as a private message? I want to explain something to a pattern writer, but it would be SO much easier if I could just talk, lol.

9 Likes

Maybe you could add a video without showing your face if you are uncomfortable with that :blush:

6 Likes

I tried. I recorded a video showing the piece I was working on and showing what I was trying to explain. When I tried to upload it, it said I couldn’t.

6 Likes

Oh! You should message ribblr! They can help! @Ribblr

4 Likes

Thanks. I’ll do that.

5 Likes

Currently only images are supported. But that’sa suggestion to consider! How did you record the audio out of interest?

7 Likes

I had the same problem with trying to explain something to another knitter and could only send photos, not video

4 Likes

Could you upload the video to another site, then send the designer the link?

4 Likes

I’ve had this problem multiple times! Such as when I screen recorded a bug that had to do with logging out. (Some time ago but now I understand why it didn’t work)

4 Likes

Oops! Didn’t realize you couldn’t add videos! Sorry @Wendywo745 for any confusion :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I recorded a video, just on my phone using my camera.

3 Likes

Yeah this is what I ended up doing. Which was still a little complicated.

3 Likes

I was actually thinking something like that. Like YouTube, because that’s the only thing I could think to use. It just seemed like more work than I wanted to do, and I didn’t really want to post to YouTube.

4 Likes

That’s ok. Thanks for trying to help

4 Likes

So not an audio note but a video?

4 Likes

Yes. I wanted to do just audio, but I couldn’t figure out a way, to do it without a video, on my phone

3 Likes