Wanted : Good stich markers

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

I need help again ! Could anyone give me a good brand for stich markers ?
Mine seem to break one after the other and i’m incredibly annoyed.

Also if you have any recommandation for small one for when you’re making a tiny leg or a tail, i’d love that !

Ps : picture of what mine look like

Thanks y’all !

8 Likes

I bought mine from Amazon, it was a small tackle box with like 200 markers for $5
I have not broken any, but my cat’s steal them frequently.

8 Likes

Mine are from amazon as well and the little tail breaks very often. I though i had way too many. But I break them so frequently that maybe not :woozy_face:. Do you recall the actual seller by any chance ?

Ps : my cat steals them too :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Ugh I know what you mean! I try to be gentle and the next thing I know that soft snap happens :sob: I gave up on them and instead used keychains I had boughten for my keychain crochet projects these:

I just clasp and unclasp them, it’s really helped me get better opening them lol and easier to keep track of, I chose to use them since I had saw metal or similar material stitch markers and since I had these I just opted on them, but I believe the metal stitch marks are different than the keychains, I believe you could even make your own stitch marker if you search for it!

6 Likes

OHHHH that’s so smart ! ! I’ll give it a try. I can even put a cute we bare bear medal to the key ring.
I’ll be browsing for small key chain crochets ! Thanks !

Glad to know i’m not the only one breaking the plastic ones ! And then they kinda stay entangled in my stitch WHILE being broken. I hate it ! But i’m not the kind of personn who can wing it without markers. I’m too bad at keeping the count of my stiches.

7 Likes

I jumped in the way back and took a look, they are no longer available from that seller

6 Likes

Thanks for checking nonetheless ! That was very kind of you :blush:

6 Likes

I like the little lightbulb shaped safety pin type things. I haven’t bought any recently or I’d show where to buy. They are great for smaller stitches though and no worries on breaking.

9 Likes

I got lobster clasps also from amazon. They come in different sizes.

6 Likes

Yeah when I try taking it off the crack would pull at the yarn :yarn::rofl: that’s why I decided to just stop using the plastic ones or at least the ones I got lol, I have been wanting to customize my keychain I use for stitch marking as well! I just need to decide with what lol

5 Likes

I use lobster clasps (see @HookedByMarilyn ‘s post above) and Clover stitch markers! I haven’t used them a ton so I don’t know about how easily they break, but they seem somewhat strong. So far so good! Hope this helps, good luck finding the right ones for you :two_hearts:

5 Likes

I use a piece of thread or thinner yarn.

7 Likes

I personally use paper clips! They’re fairly cheap and they come in different colors if you need. They’re super sturdy and once you get the hang of it, they’re super easy to take on and off your stitches.

I get mine from the dollar store, only thing is that you have to get the metal ones as I’ve found the colored ones are super flimsy :frowning: To combat this, I just use some sharpies to mark them in different colors when i need to. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Mine are the same kind .I purchased them from amazon and have used them for a little over 2 years. I have never had one break. That’s so strange to me. I’ve also used just a piece of different colored yarn and that works as well.

7 Likes

I switch between ones like this and just tying scraps of yarn from previous projects as stitch markers.
I somehow always misplace my stitch markers but not my yarn scraps

6 Likes

Thanks everyone for these options ! I think i’ll try all of them and see what works best for me.

Thanks Thank You GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

7 Likes

these are what i use too, i got mine on amazon for pretty cheap

7 Likes

these r the best ones ive used!
150Pcs Crochet Stitch Marker Knitting Crochet Locking Stitch Multi-Color Knitting Markers Stitch Markers Clips for Handwork Knitting Craft https://amzn.eu/d/gMpzVZW

5 Likes

I go to the sewing section and buy bulb pins. Less expensive

4 Likes

• soft snap*

• inner mental breakdown*

4 Likes